World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
SeaHorseRacing

Betfred are going 2/1 England to win their group. Up to 100. If you live in a city than no reason you couldn’t get 500 on it for a lovely arb!! 2.56 on bf!! Fill yer 👢 boots.
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Hopeful England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 have a decent World Cup. Give us something to chew on please. Unlikely, but semi final isn’t impossible.
Why the black flag? Have you subscribed to isis instead of sis by mistake :)
Atho55

Dallas

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm
From the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44431262
England out at the first hurdle!
SeaHorseRacing

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:25 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Hopeful England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 have a decent World Cup. Give us something to chew on please. Unlikely, but semi final isn’t impossible.
Why the black flag? Have you subscribed to isis instead of sis by mistake :)
I put England flag but for some reason not working on here. Am using mobile device and no not an explosive haha
Euler

World Cup assistant referees have been told to keep their flag down for tight offside calls to enable VAR to make the correct decision, says Fifa referees committee chairman Pierluigi Collina.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44459554
Dallas

It just occurred to me how close we were to hosting this WC and the feeling at the time when the results were announced!
SportBilly

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm
World Cup assistant referees have been told to keep their flag down for tight offside calls to enable VAR to make the correct decision, says Fifa referees committee chairman Pierluigi Collina.

Really looking forward to the World Cup and want to see great football, great goals and exciting matches, however with linesmen following instructions like mentioned above and organisers admitting that VAR is far from perfect I'm fearful that VAR will be the star.

Hope I'm proved wrong.
Kafkaesque

SportBilly wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am
Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Really looking forward to the World Cup and want to see great football, great goals and exciting matches, however with linesmen following instructions like mentioned above and organisers admitting that VAR is far from perfect I'm fearful that VAR will be the star.

Hope I'm proved wrong.
I watch a ton of football. By and large VAR has worked really well when it's been applied. The only place where it seems to have caused mayhem is in England for whatever reason.
LeTiss

Spain sack their manager, and the Spanish price for Friday's match against Portugal is flying away! 1.91 out to 2.20 and still going!
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am
Spain sack their manager, and the Spanish price for Friday's match against Portugal is flying away! 1.91 out to 2.20 and still going!
How they can possibly think that is a good idea and good for the country I dont know!
Dallas

I'm actually a bit surprised their outright odds have not moved more than 2-3 ticks!
Trader Pat

Its a massive toys out of the pram moment by the Spanish FA, they gain absolutely nothing by doing this. This could also re-open the old Real v Barcelona rift in the dressing room that they worked so hard to get rid of.
brimson25

The behaviour of the manager and Real Madrid had arguably already done that - re-opened the rift.

The Spanish FA reacted to events originated by others (ie. Real Madrid.)

In any case, that's somewhat academic.

They are somewhat less likely to win than they were before any of this.
brimson25

This, from the Guardian live blog on the issue, puts it better than I have:

"“With Lopetegui, an important clue is the reference to him needing to manage a team ‘of all Spaniards’,” says John Johnson. “In a highly sensitive time when the question of exactly who are Spaniards is a critical question (Catalan separation), you can’t have the national coach simultaneously being the manager of the club team (Real Madrid) most identified with everything anti-Catalan. At least, not if you want to keep your Barcelona players happy, and want to project *some* sense of Spain as a unified country. It was the right decision, but either way it will reinforce the sense of arrogance and entitlement many Catalans feel towards the rest of Spain. Unbelievably stupid move from Lopetegui.”

Return to “Football trading”