Any markets not covered in the other boards
Dallas

powlesy2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 am
close....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Joughin
Perfect thanks for that Powlesy :)
Abraquay

Ah those were the days, remember watching him back in the 80's. Remember also Phil Bayton,"The Staffordshire Engine".
The hill climb season is upon us once again and is National Hill Climb at Hedley Hill in Northumberland on 29th October if anyone wants to go
along. Always a good day out and a great atmosphere.
ruthlessimon

Froome 10.0 for SPOTY; unacceptable price.. Unfortunately I think pro cycling will always have the drug label :(
Abraquay

Yes i agree cycling will always have the drug label now. Two of my cycling mates used to race in France back in the 80's. One was offered a professional contract but due to serious illness had to come back home. He said that some cyclists used to inject themselves at the bottom of the climbs. After that he didn't want anything to do with trying to make a career out of it as you are competing with cheats.
ruthlessimon

Beaumont finishes his around the world attempt a day early, Chapeau! "needed to average 240miles a day" Tired just thinking about that :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-41308524
Dallas

Its an amazing achievement and crazy how just under 10yrs ago he set a WR of 194 days and has now just done it in less than 80 days
Dallas

Just finished watching 'Britain's Cycling Superheroes' which was on BBC2 after last nights Tennis

Its well worth a watch on ' iPlayer' if your into cycling
sionascaig

I suspect it only just covered the tip of an iceberg... More from the athletes concerned would have been good... Although Mr Miller didn't pull many punches when describing the enhancements experienced from the drugs included in the TUE's...

Line of the evening had to be: If an athlete is performing at 95% its ok to drug them up to get 100% - pfft...
ruthlessimon

Maybe shoulda watched the Giro, wtf happened to Yates!?!
Halliday

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm
Maybe shoulda watched the Giro, wtf happened to Yates!?!
Lost over 40 mins today .. Said he was tired and exhausted but has no regrets .. It was an amazing stage .. Sky set a blistering pace up the Colle delle Finestre and Froome attacked on the slopes with 80km to go and was out on his own extending his lead to the finish .. got to be one of the greatest rides of recent times. He won the stage by over three minutes and leads the race by 40 secs . He also took the king of the mountains jersey too. He was 3.22 down at the beginning of the day !!

Amazing day’s racing .. two mins highlights video on link below

http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/
Dallas

It was a phenomenal ride by Froome and the best I've ever seen him or anyone do in a long time. After yates struggled yesterday I almost had a small back bet on Froome but opted for the lay on Yates instead thinking Dumoulin still looked strong enough to hold his advantage over Froome.

The only downside to this is the allegations he's going to face in the wake of such a performance especially with the current investigation and many believing he should not have even been allowed to ride the Giro
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm
The only downside to this is the allegations he's going to face.
Not surprising really, hard to believe cycling 200mls would be the best sport for all these alleged asthmatics.

If you need medicine of any kind, even an aspirin, you can't ride. Survival of the fittest. End of allegations and grey areas at a stroke. Might thin out the paracyclists though which could be a problem :?
Korattt

Chris Froome unable to compete in the TDF this year, Team Sky appealing, price 3.00~6.00 as a result
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:46 pm
Chris Froome unable to compete in the TDF this year, Team Sky appealing, price 3.00~6.00 as a result
I think its a poor move on the part of the organizers to do this at such a late date when nothing has changed since, hopefully, common sense at AFS will overturn this and he will ride
sionascaig

Timing is surely a bit suspect...

That said if 80% of team sky need asthma drugs to compete there is something highly suspicious going on (even if it is within rules)... Think all the teams are at it...

A friend just pointed out that Froomes adverse finding was exactly twice the level allowed - not 86% or 124% exactly 100% more - sounds like they tripped up over the dosage one day....

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”