Betfair chart / Betfair graph of the day

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Hard to tell if this was a fat finger or a short move.
Intense Romance, 19-30 Newcastle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Line House_15102509_18_55_04.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Funny business at Newcastle this evening
Derek27

I thought it was the same graph for a moment!

Gonna have to start thinking about taking advantage of these rouge early moves on outsiders.
Euler

Set up automation to alert you to any odd movements or trading ranges, you will be onto them in a flash.
Derek27

Good idea, but I've got a feeling these movements are over in half a flash. :)

I'll try automating a small bet to trigger on a big price movement and see how it goes.
Derek27

Mr Owen, 16-10 Windsor.jpg
Korattt

at last.. & it won
Derek27

You could have backed this one at it's opening price and still green up without loss!
Shovel It On, 19-45 Chepstow.jpg
Derek27

Time For A Toot.jpg
Spirit Of Appin, 20-05 Chelmsford.jpg
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:07 pm
Time For A Toot.jpgSpirit Of Appin, 20-05 Chelmsford.jpg

If you enter when the volume is rising and you check the weight o money you'll have a better understanding of where the odds are going to.. let's suppose volume has high spike and the WOM shows a laying interest... then you should lay and ride the pump up
Derek27

You sound a lot more confident now, have you started trading?
Korattt

hoo bloody ray
Korattt

lovely, & it wins
Lucacrebbe

Korattt wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 pm
lovely, & it wins

I have a question: do you see the green lines I have drawn on the image? The first is a first resistence that is broken up by an increasing volume (see the first green line in the volume bar indicator) and the resistence gets broken.
In this case do you use On balance volume in combination with Weight of money to base your decision to enter and laying the odds?

Which set up do you use for On balance Volume, and which for Weight of Money?

After this the huge spike in volume (the long bar) the volume itslef decreases (and so the price/odds)... so this was time to exit the trade.

I have onether question: In your opinion, in that huge bar of volume there were so much layers than backers, or one or two big ''boys' with huge stakes who was going to lay and wanted to distribuite their stakes across the losers backing boys? Because the volume of backers is always equal to volume of layers (for one who lay there always must be onether one who backs)..so my question is: the sentiment was not so clearly because so many people had accepted to back at this point (the huge volume bar) and accepting a huge loss.... usually is said : ''to break a resistence there must be an increasing volume'' ... well but what if that volume was made of backers instead of layers? Would the resistence have been broken? NO

So what's the point of increasing volume next to a resistence point, without a sentiment indicator of what' gonna happen soon? (backing or laying)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”