POC and volume profile

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

You have made 153 postings and I guess about 1000 replies and you still don't understand what you need to do!

Why?
Derek27

Have you thought about studying medicine Luca? It only takes seven years.

The way you're going it's going to take you ten years to learn everything you want to know about trading, and when you finally start you'll realise it was all a complete waste of time - nothing beats experience. You'll then have to start learning all over again. :roll:
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:27 am
I can't code in VBA this is the problem
It's not a problem at all. Many traders including me trade successfully without using VBA.
Lucacrebbe wrote:
.Both can help you to take decisions, because you can evaluate which price the market consider as a value price , a ''fair odd''... Both can be seen as point for enter or exit into a trading, in combination with RSI or MACD also, which are momentum indicators as well
How the f**k would you know, you haven't even got any experience of trading with real money?
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:49 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
I can't code in VBA this is the problem
It's not a problem at all. Many traders including me trade successfully without using VBA.
Lucacrebbe wrote:
.Both can help you to take decisions, because you can evaluate which price the market consider as a value price , a ''fair odd''... Both can be seen as point for enter or exit into a trading, in combination with RSI or MACD also, which are momentum indicators as well
How the f**k would you know, you haven't even got any experience of trading with real money?

I have experience with real money, on Betfair.it

Anyway If I could see the ladder, and have some indicators like MFI, RSI, MACD, VPOC would be great because I would have a better understanding of what' s going in the market.

It' s like to play but blind... that's how I feel without those indicators. I am not saying you can't be profitable without them, I am saying that those help you to be profitable

When you have the POC, the VPOC and you know that at a given point the volume is decreasing, you know that you have to exit if you don't want a big hit... that' s it.

I have the money for the software, forgive me If first I try to learn instead of just gambling money away just to try... I am a strategical guy, I mean I plan very accuratley my entry point, I never enter into a trade (in trading or in real life) without having collected a lot of informations, experience, etc..

Forgive me if I am not a gambler.

P.S. for the moment I am relegated to play only on Betfair.IT, but I am going to UK and soon I will open a Betfair account... so I don't see why it would be such a bad thing just to ask for informations, and experience to old traders like you, whith your experice you could share some tips if you would... I don't see asking for informations as a bad thing
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 am
...I am saying that those help you to be profitable

When you have the POC, the VPOC and you know that at a given point the volume is decreasing, you know that you have to exit if you don't want a big hit... that' s it.
The question I was asking is, how do you know they would be helpful if you've never used them?

I've used a lot of charts, never found them useful and no longer bother with them.

(Shaun, he's got the money for the software, better get down to work :lol: ).
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:

The question I was asking is, how do you know they would be helpful if you've never used them?

I've used a lot of charts, never found them useful and no longer bother with them.

Because I trade also the stock market, and every market works the same if you look at same parameters. Markets are different, but if in an area there is no volume, there's no interest in that odd ok? It's not difficult to understand

Let's make an example:

I have backed an horse at 3 at a cross bearish MACD and the RSI is going above below 80... ok?

I am riding a nice downword movement now... well I am happy, I am in profit... the smile is on my face.

Ok but when to exit? When to exit at the most profitable point of wiev (for me)?

Here comes in the market overwiev... the MFI and VPOC

Taking the example above, if I' ll see the VPOC at 2,50 I'll know that this is an important area to look at, because is here where there is the most of movement, and I should care about this area because here is where somenthing' s gonna happen

So I'll have two choises:

--exit near to the VPOC

or

-- wait for the VPOC and see what it does. If the VPOC starts going up at another price/odd level, it's time to exit because it means that the market is reacting very quickly to somenthing

If the VPOC goes even lower, it's time to relax and keep on riding the downtrend
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:27 am
Derek27 wrote:
Lucacrebbe wrote:

Because I trade also the stock market, and every market works the same if you look at same parameters. Markets are different, but if in an area there is no volume, there's no interest in that odd ok? It's not difficult to understand

Let's make an example:

I have backed an horse at 3 at a cross bearish MACD and the RSI is going above below 80... ok?

I am riding a nice downword movement now... well I am happy, I am in profit... the smile is on my face.

Ok but when to exit? When to exit at the most profitable point of wiev (for me)?

Taking the example above, if I' ll see the VPOC at 2,50 I'll know that this is an important area to look at, because is here where there is the most of movement, and I should care about this area because here is where somenthing' s gonna happen

--exit near to the VPOC

or

-- wait for the VPOC and see what it does. If the VPOC starts going up at another price/odd level, it's time to exit because it means that the market is reacting very quickly to somenthing

If the VPOC goes even lower, it's time to relax and keep on riding the downtrend
That's right. Keep riding the down trend, make lots of money, and then WAKE UP - the dream's over and it's back to the Bet Angel forum looking for a way to make money. :lol:

Exchange markets are totally different to stock markets in that stock markets don't have overrounds and the stocks are not inter-connected. MACD was designed to work on longer term markets. It is, in my opinion, no use in horse racing markets because they're moving too fast.

Charts have absolutely no purpose for in-play tennis or football because the odds are driven by how the match is being played.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:55 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:27 am
Derek27 wrote:

Let's make an example:

--exit near to the VPOC

or

That's right. Keep riding the down trend, make lots of money, and then WAKE UP - the dream's over and it's back to the Bet Angel forum looking for a way to make money. :lol:

Exchange markets are totally different to stock markets in that stock markets don't have overrounds and the stocks are not inter-connected. MACD was designed to work on longer term markets. It is, in my opinion, no use in horse racing markets because they're moving too fast.

Charts have absolutely no purpose for in-play tennis or football because the odds are driven by how the match is being played.

You are right, the difference is that the sport exange is a too fast market, if compared to the stock' s market. You can be right Dereck, my opinion is that you can see always somenthing reading the indicators.. at least you would have an idea of what the market thinks about a match... ok, maybe it's not so much, but it's always one indicator more in your ''arsenal''

Return to “General discussion”