World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
SeaHorseRacing

You know what’s a shame. Likely we’re have another b team vs b team again Saturday.

Pretty sure the like of Poch and Guardiola will be sending Gareth a text tomorrow.
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm
We get another go at Belgium
Personally, even thought this before the tournament. What’s the point in 3rd place.

Go home get some rest ready for their domestic leagues.
50/50 agree on this, however, think terrier!! ;)
I'm not really a fan of the 3rd/4th match normally but think this one against Belgium could be important for two reasons
1) To prove we can beat them
2) To come home finishing with a win and on a high (3rd place may just feel better than the runner-up will on Sun)

Of course, that's assuming we beat them which I think we can and will - given a few days to get over tonight I think England will really be up for it
and 3rd Place will be a remarkable achievement for the youngest side in the tournament
gutuami

the stats from the match
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Real mixed feelings, done so well but missed golden opportunity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Let's face it, they played 2 good teams and lost them both. If you take all the foreign players out of the premier league then would it be ranked high in the world, probably not.

England always has a Plan A but unlike the top teams never has a Plan B.

How many English players are good enough to play for top foreign clubs every week ? Not many. You could probably count them on both hands.
Jukebox

We really need a dislike button on this forum
Greco

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 pm
France look big at evens for the title
They're nowhere near evens for the title
Jukebox

They weren't at evens even when there were three teams left - I suspect he meant match odds (90mins)
Dallas

For the first match, this tournament Sterling didn't come bottom of the player ratings
Euler

Greco wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:25 am
Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 pm
France look big at evens for the title
They're nowhere near evens for the title
For the match is what I meant, I'm pretty sure they have enough in them to win it in 90
Jukebox

France's odds came in as the semi-final played out - as if to say neither of these teams is looking good enough to beat them.
SeaHorseRacing

Tough day today. Think Sunday may be tougher.
I know we probably wouldn’t have won and I was expecting England to make the final. That’s all. Such a shame. Would of honestly been happy as runners up.
spreadbetting

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm not really a fan of the 3rd/4th match normally but think this one against Belgium could be important for two reasons
1) To prove we can beat them
2) To come home finishing with a win and on a high (3rd place may just feel better than the runner-up will on Sun)

Of course, that's assuming we beat them which I think we can and will - given a few days to get over tonight I think England will really be up for it
and 3rd Place will be a remarkable achievement for the youngest side in the tournament
Always hard to know how they'll treat what's basically a pointless game for fans but Kane's still in the running for the golden boot so I'm sure he'll be playing to at least score. Plus the fact they got a lot further than anyone predicted may spur them on to try and get 3rd place and that bronze medal for their trophy cabinet, can't be many footballers with a bronze WC medal and not as if olympians chuck their bronzes away.

Not sure we'll beat Belgium though, we had an easy run to the semi's and can't seem to score from open play, always dangerous from set pieces but they seem to waste any chances in play taking too long to line up a shot. I know we're the youngest team in the tournament but most are over 24 and have played at a decent level for a long time the simple fact is England just aren't as good a team as we'd love them to be. Can't see them getting a better chance of a place in a WC final in my lifetime now :(

Bet the Belgians are kicking themselves at beating us in the group stages though :)
Euler

Here is an excellent analysis on last nights match: -

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 43526.html
Euler

France now into 1.94

Return to “Football trading”