Comparing bookmakers for odds

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 am
If Dereck would suggest me how his brother take his decisions it would be great, because I would have learnt another thing, if not I will be ignorant on this. And it's not a good thing.
For spread betting companies, I will look for them by myself
Did you not read my post Luca, he's a doctor in mathematics - he's got three degrees and specializes in probability. The majority of us are ignorant of advanced maths and it's not a bad thing. We can't all know everything.

As Shaun keeps telling you if you want to learn how to be profitable you have to work hard and for a long time to develop your skills. My brother spent seven years at university and you expect me to just hand over his knowledge to you (as if I possess it) on a plate!

If you come up with a different idea each week but it takes you three months just to find out about one of them (spread betting), this is confirmation that you're living in dreamland. You're too busy trying to find an easy way to make money to make any effort investigating them.
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 am

fyi Sports spread betting has been around since the late 1980s. 30 yrs ?
Come to think of if, my brother started spread betting early nineties so I'd guess they've been around mid to late eighties.
spreadbetting

I got into spread betting in the very early 90's think I went with IG Index to start, used to be loads of firms shortly after that and all offered £200+ sign up bonuses too. So many shut up shop or limited accounts that I was glad when flutter.com came along. Wikipedia shows sporting index started around 1992 so shortly after that would be the spread betting boom times I'd guess as they were one of the most active ones.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 am
If Dereck would suggest me how his brother take his decisions it would be great, because I would have learnt another thing, if not I will be ignorant on this. And it's not a good thing.
For spread betting companies, I will look for them by myself
Did you not read my post Luca, he's a doctor in mathematics - he's got three degrees and specializes in probability. The majority of us are ignorant of advanced maths and it's not a bad thing. We can't all know everything.

As Shaun keeps telling you if you want to learn how to be profitable you have to work hard and for a long time to develop your skills. My brother spent seven years at university and you expect me to just hand over his knowledge to you (as if I possess it) on a plate!

If you come up with a different idea each week but it takes you three months just to find out about one of them (spread betting), this is confirmation that you're living in dreamland. You're too busy trying to find an easy way to make money to make any effort investigating them.
Who is more profitable? You or your brother?
Derek27

No idea - I've no interest in how much other people make. But I am full time, he just does it as a hobby and has a day job.

Hope you're enjoying the tennis?
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:57 pm
Hope you're enjoying the tennis?
yes. Tennis is nice usually in those months

Return to “General discussion”