Betfair chart / Betfair graph of the day

The sport of kings.
Dallas

A large lay order is usually a precursor to a drift, the 2nd cemented that even further
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm
A large lay order is usually a precursor to a drift, the 2nd cemented that even further
+1
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm
Hard to tell if this was a fat finger or a short move.
Intense Romance, 19-30 Newcastle.jpg
This is not a fat finger... a fat finger is an error, simply this is a back-off (a sell off)... a lot of people enterd in the wrong side of the trade, and they had liquidated their positions.

I don't know if the first spike of hige volume (the first huge volume bar) was intended to be a lay or back pressure... if lay pressure then who layied has profited sooooo much....but because of the successivley low volume he couldn't profit well, so he cashed all out at the best odds available , causing the drastically drop the odds from 90 to 20 (again).

Again a new spike of volume at this price (20 circa) caused another upword movement, smaller than the first (from 20 to 30)... then the decreasing volume caused another regression to the 20 odd. And then flat trend .
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
This is not a fat finger... a fat finger is an error, simply this is a back-off (a sell off)... a lot of people enterd in the wrong side of the trade, and they had liquidated their positions.

I don't know if the first spike of hige volume (the first huge volume bar) was intended to be a lay or back pressure... if lay pressure then who layied has profited sooooo much....but because of the successivley low volume he couldn't profit well, so he cashed all out at the best odds available , causing the drastically drop the odds from 90 to 20 (again).

Again a new spike of volume at this price (20 circa) caused another upword movement, smaller than the first (from 20 to 30)... then the decreasing volume caused another regression to the 20 odd. And then flat trend .
Only a small amount of money was traded at 90. It's quite possible somebody laid at 90 by mistake. If it was a weak market less than £100 could have taken the price up there.
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Only a small amount of money was traded at 90. It's quite possible somebody laid at 90 by mistake. If it was a weak market less than £100 could have taken the price up there.
Before it went 90 there is a huge volume bar, indicating there was interest in break out the resistence (20) and bring the price up or down. In my opinion who laid then got in profit but because of the lack of volume (after the price went to 90) he decided to cash out on a subsequential low volume stage, causing the dropping odds
I don't understand what do you mean with ''somebody laid at 90 per mistake'', at 90 the volume is low so even if somebody would have laid at 90 (and then exit) I don't think it would have cause (alone) the drop..
Derek27

It's quite possible somebody laid at 200 by mistake. The bet would obviously have swept up all the money along the way so it may only have got as far as 90.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:06 pm
It's quite possible somebody laid at 200 by mistake. The bet would obviously have swept up all the money along the way so it may only have got as far as 90.
Chart of the day looks like changing from a nice summary of interesting stuff to pages and pages of Lucacrebbe's chat. :roll:
Korattt

frame your move.. & it wins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Another example of a big lay bet triggering a drift in the 18:55
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

ShaunWhite

Re: prev posting of Spring Romance chart.....some context rather than just another random line on a chart.

Typical cowboy software, my Price axis (red) didn't re-scale :)
But ....the green line is the interesting one. By my calculations the backers were putting so much more money down than the layers that it went off the bottom of my chart! First time in the last 170 races. The layers came back a little as we approached that strange Bermuda Triangle price called evens. Those flashing numbers on the ladder play an interesting tune sometimes.

Please don't ask for a copy of this .xlsm, as a refusal may offend ;) The many times it gets it wrong will certain offend :D It's very much work in progress.
Untitled2.png
I'm not just backfitting either.....my xlsm deploys a Guardian bot
Untitled3.png
Korattt

doubt I'll be able to beat this today.. Redcar (Aus) 08:21

Jax Navarro.png
Derek27

Andalusite, 14-10 Chepstow.jpg
LinusP

3 decimal points on the graph, has it always been like this on the low faves?
LoadRunnerInfoChartAction.jpg
Derek27

Yes, for as far as I can remember. Obviously the scale is automatically generated but you would think Betfair could change this to make the scale more relevant.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”