Daily profit

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Kafkaesque

Jukebox wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Wouldn't you at least a agree that a trading day in the major given sports does at least have an ebb and flow to it? There are successful racing traders who don't trade the evening races for instance - because they're different and that makes them even more different because those traders aren't trading them, others that only trade the premium races - and they tend to be focused in the centremost part of the racing day.
I've seen on here respected traders state that they won't seriously trade the first race as it trades so unpredictably.
We've all seen those days when a jockey/trainer combo is on fire and trading on their next race goes off the charts - by its very nature that can't happen at the beginning of a day. And will the favourite be allowed to drift as easily in the next race at Cheptown Park when the last three have all romped home?
It certainly feels like a tide to me.
Perhaps. Even so, if that is the case, then the OP should surely look to find out the ideal time "clock wise" to stop, or some other parametre that changes as the day wears on, instead of when profit hits a set percentage?
Jukebox

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I am open to the idea that a day can have hidden or difficult to pin down swells in it that in someway are reactions to things that have gone on earlier in that same day - and perhaps a bot ticking and tocking its way through the day, nibbling little bits of profit and losing little bits here and there and generally running close to break even might be a way that those swells show themselves. I think the BF greyhound market in particular might have some unique properties because it appears to me to be mostly bots and it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the better ones take advantage of this - learning from race to race how all the bots attached that day react and changing things up as it gets a handle on things.
markybhoy

My way of trading may be different form others but to me if you look at a days trading and see a peak profit most days then thats what to aim for. If i was doing stocks i would follow the same graphs looking to buy low sell high. I wouldnt let my trades run the course of the day for the sake of it.

The aim at the end of the day is to make profit not to make a bot work perfectly.

I will look in to timings tho as day racing and evening racing are different in that more vloume and better dogs tend to be in the evening
spreadbetting

The aim should be to make your bot as profitable as possible , the fact you're up 30% or not will have no impact on future races. By all means look at where you can avoid losses and avoid those races but stopping a winning strategy early isn't the way to do that. The beauty of bots, and Derek, is that they can run 24/7 without a break, if it's profitable just run it as often as possible.
markybhoy

I want the bot to bet for me when i cant be there . I dont have a bot that can run 24/7 and be profitable but i do hve a system that is profitable but probably needs me there for it to work.
I wish i had a bot that i could switch on and make money 24/7 but dont we all?

Anyway i think we have figured out there is no off switch on guardian lol
spreadbetting

Jukebox gave you a workaround if you're intent on stopping it at a set profit, all you need to do is transfer the profit to a long term market at poor odds either by guardian or having some spreadsheet monitoring your balance and betting.
Derek27

markybhoy wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 pm
I want the bot to bet for me when i cant be there . I dont have a bot that can run 24/7 and be profitable but i do hve a system that is profitable but probably needs me there for it to work.
I wish i had a bot that i could switch on and make money 24/7 but dont we all?

Anyway i think we have figured out there is no off switch on guardian lol
That's exactly the situation I'm in. I can be profitable when I'm sitting in front of my computer. I've never got round to tinkering with bots so don't have a bot that can make money.

If your system is profitable but needs you to be there, why not just trade when you're there? What's the point in using a bot if it's not profitable?

As SB said, the main advantage of bots is that they can run 24/7 so even if it only averages 50 pence a race, that's more than most people make when their sleeping. Until you have a profitable bot you'd be better off just trading manually and not worrying about your bot losing your profits.
markybhoy

I will try the work arround and see how it goes.

Derek the reason i asked the question was to try and fit it in the bot then run it and see if it worked.

Again i appreciate the feedback guys. Cheers

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”