Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
zweistein

Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I actually create account just for this topic.

Is here any successful trader who also travel most the time while work? The job of being a full time trader is psychologically extremely hard and sometimes we wish we can just reset, clear mind... To be able to take a walk on a beach anytime is perfect for something like this.

I plan to travel on warm countries where obviously betfair is allowed.
I am looking for people with similar mindset that also want to experience life that way... Lets go meet new local girls, have fun while making money. This is what life is about, HAVING FUN! :P :twisted: :D

If you already have story on that topic, please share it...
Euler

Derek27

zweistein wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm
Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I actually create account just for this topic.

Is here any successful trader who also travel most the time while work? The job of being a full time trader is psychologically extremely hard and sometimes we wish we can just reset, clear mind... To be able to take a walk on a beach anytime is perfect for something like this.

I plan to travel on warm countries where obviously betfair is allowed.
I am looking for people with similar mindset that also want to experience life that way... Lets go meet new local girls, have fun while making money. This is what life is about, HAVING FUN! :P :twisted: :D

If you already have story on that topic, please share it...
It's something I've always dreamed of doing, but I think picking up the local girls is literally a dream for me!
Last edited by Derek27 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iambic_pentameter

You are wrong there, Derek - there is a small community on the internet where a bevy of young ladies bemoan the fact they can't date you, because "he is always bloody trading"

:mrgreen:
Derek27

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:31 pm
You are wrong there, Derek - there is a small community on the internet where a bevy of young ladies bemoan the fact they can't date you, because "he is always bloody trading"

:mrgreen:
:lol:

Central and South America, if you can trade there, wouldn't be a bad place to be. UK racing would take place in the morning local time and then you'd have the afternoon to enjoy sunshine/sight seeing, and the evening to enjoy the night life. The only issue would be getting up early!
Euler

Mexico is my favourite 'exotic' place to trade from but they do have a severe drug problem which makes it feel a little uncomfortable. But I often hook up with some people that I know who are fluent and know the place inside out. But they recently moved to Europe so I'm a bit sort of stuffed at the moment. So a default is Cancun but it's very touristy. I like to live like a local.

I don't talk about my travels much as it sounds too 'snake oil bullshitty' but typically I'll escape the UK in the winter to sunnier pastures. It's something I always wanted to do; so bollocks to it, why not.

Curiously my wife isn't a good traveller and can't slum it when required so she has missed some of my best adventures. The kids are old enough to join me now so it's fun showing them what the real world is like.
Derek27

I'm sure there are lovely places and nice people in Mexico but what I see on the news about the level of gruesome drug-related violence is a bit off-putting. :)
zweistein

@Derek27

Mexico is one of most dangerous places on certain areas but on the other side the area of Yukatan (where Cancun and famous beaches are) is one of the safest area in entire central and south america. You are also allowed to use betfair and most other bookies there.

And about picking up girls... Money do wonders, man. Believe me, if your personality is not psychophatic, you can pick up girls anywhere :)
Derek27

Better work hard and make lots of money then, and then it's off to Thailand. :D
zweistein

Is Thailand legal for gambling? I heard different stories from different people
iambic_pentameter

Euler

I hope when you slow down - I suspect you will probably never retire - you consider writing a book on what impact trading has had on your life. I don't mean from a financial perspective either; you could write about the opportunities it has created, how it changed the way you think etc. Would be a very interesting self help / motivation book.

Iambic
CallumPerry

I thought if you had a VPS or a VPN you could trade from anywhere in the world via that? Would just have to consider time difference. If a country deems gambling illegal, where do we stand with trading via remote access back to our country?

This is so far away in my trading journey to be a worry yet but the thought popped into my head :lol: Coming up to a year now of doing this an hour or two most evenings (not ideal as the majority of the good markets happen while I'm at work) but I can feel myself getting closer each and every day. Keep it up newbies and part-timers like myself!!
Derek27

zweistein wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm
Is Thailand legal for gambling? I heard different stories from different people
It's picking up women that I had in mind. I'd be surprised if you can't gamble there. I thought China and Thailand were gambling mad?
Derek27

It's technically possible to trade anywhere with VPS but you need to double check if it's legal in whatever country you're visiting.

I think in Saudi Arabia you might get 100 lashes if you're caught, or if they've updated their laws to fit in with modern times they might cut your finger tips off to stop you from using a keyboard. :lol:
iambic_pentameter

Interesting question re the legalities of it - I probably wouldn't risk it in a place where I could end up being imprisoned or flogged.

In fairness, if It's flogging you are after, there are plenty of places in Birmingham that offer that.

Or so my local Conservative MP tells me.

Return to “General discussion”