Greening up on BA - not showing up on BF?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jongup

Hi everyone, I'm just getting to grips with the software and have a few questions regarding greening up and different amounts showing in my BF account?

So for example yesterday, I had a go 8.40pm race at Kempton.

I did a scalp and greened up, making 5p. See below

I then check my BF account, and its showing as 0? Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong here? Some of the scalps show the correct money and others like this show zero? I must be overlooking something here?
Dallas

You need to click one of the 5p figures to actually 'green up', when you do and your bet is matched the amounts under the selections names will change, this following thread gives full details and example
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11572
jongup

Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am
You need to click one of the 5p figures to actually 'green up', when you do and your bet is matched the amounts under the selections names will change, this following thread gives full details and example
Thanks for the reply and help. I gotta say that seems abit redundant. Not only to place the click inside the box but to then have to click again in the trade profit column. I've never clicked inside the trade profit column before is why its odd some actually show a profit in my betfair account and some don't as i've only ever placed a click inside the box next to green. I will try the ladder green up instead and see if i prefer it better.
Dallas

jongup wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 am
Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am
Thanks for the reply and help. I gotta say that seems abit redundant. Not only to place the click inside the box but to then have to click again in the trade profit column. I've never clicked inside the trade profit column before is why its odd some actually show a profit in my betfair account and some don't as i've only ever placed a click inside the box next to green. I will try the ladder green up instead and see if i prefer it better.
Ticking the green box at the top just enables the 'greening' you need to click on the figure at the time you want to green up - I'ts just like placing any regular bet otherwise the software has no idea of when you want it to place the bet
MemphisFlash

at the moment in time on your screenshot you potentially have a 20p profit on the first runner and zero on all the others. the 5p is an indication of what you can green up for. if you didn't click on the figure i presume the favourite lost, which is why betfair correctly did not pay out. Dallas is correct, you need to actually "green out"
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTEDL

or set box at top to 1 tick offset with greening so, on the ladder you can just click on the green 5p to hedge too

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”