Offset Bets - Horse Racing

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
hussi.d

Scalping using automation and around 1 in 20 times my offset bets don't trigger and i have a open position.
My Kill or Fill Bet is set at 2 sec
Refresh Rate is 20 ms
Internet Speed 40 Mbps

Will reducing Kill or Fill Bet time help my chances of triggering offset bets 100% of time
Based on what i do, i am more concerned with my offset bets being triggered rather than first bet being matched.
Will reducing my kill or fill bet time to 0 seconds help in 100% offset bets being triggered?

My assumption is on a 2 second kill/fill if my first bet gets matched in the final millisecond my connection is unable to process it and fails to place an offset. On a 0 second kill fill will i reduce such errors?
BetScalper

Are you sure your offset bet isn't just triggering and then getting rejected by BF ?
hussi.d

No offset back bets are placed against my first lay bet.
I am sure offset bet is not triggered. Because this happens whenever the log says bet was killed but actually bet was not killed and was matched on Betfair. So due to some communication issue between BF & BetAngel whenever Log incorrectly says Bet was killed but it was actually matched, my offsets are not triggered. Betangel thinks bet was killed betfair says bet was matched.
Dallas provided a solution to turn exchange streaming and slow down things a little but the issue persists. This issue is not frequent but yes 3-5% of my total offset bets which should have been placed do not trigger.

Will it be better if i use a 0 fill kill time? Because then there is no waiting and no scope for communication error. Either i get filled immediately or i get killed.
hussi.d

Need Help. I want to add the following feature to my automation file to overcome my offset bets not being triggered issue

When the market goes in play, search for selections where my trade is open & offset bets are not pending (i.e Offset bets not triggered). How do i place offset back bets on such selections (to close trade) just when the market goes in play at XX price so that i get a X profit on the selection.

With close trade on selection feature back bet to close the trade will only trigger when selection reaches a profit X
I want to trigger a offset back bet in advance and keep it lying in the market. How do i do that?
hussi.d

To summarise i want to trigger my offset back bets in play which didnt trigger in the first place
Dallas

You can use 'net stake' as your staking method
hussi.d

Is there a way out to re trigger those offset bets which were not placed.
i.e I want to place offset back bets on horses (once in play) where i have open lay positions at X tick above my open position.

I have tried close trade position on selection but that triggers only when a particular price has been matched in the market. Close trade position does not place a back bet in advance and keep it lying there.
I have also used Net Stake Back Bet but having difficulty with setting odds at which to offset for different scenarios.
hussi.d

Can I close trade on a selection if the outstanding liability on that selection is above X ?
Dallas

You would need to use stored values on your opening bet to store the lay price when your back bet triggers
Your lay bet can then be Place at the 'stored value price'

You might also want to add an 'amount of matched bets condition' to your lay bet rule to say
lay bets are equal to
the following fixed amount £0

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”