Total profit or loss for the day/week

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lisawatsuk1

Alpha322 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 am
lisawatsuk1 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 3:30 pm
Afternoon all,

When I come home from work every evening, I check my betfair account for the daily profit and loss where it will show me my overall winnings or losses. However this will not show when running bet angel on practice mode. Is there a rule in automation or a setting where maybe an excel spreadsheet will CLEARLY show how much I am up or down by without me having to whip out my calculator and total up the profit or loss from each individual market ?
I have previously used the "explore profit reports folder" and I have created a rule to "export profit or loss report" but all it is really showing is the profit or loss in each market (shown in attachment). I still have to manually calculate it. Is there a way of showing an overall total??

I hope this makes sense
lisawatsuk1, i have been a BA User for the last 7 years and must admit it is the best for its automation & guardian works. I use to practice on another bit of kit in the early days and it has a practice mode bank, which really helped me where i am today ie monitering performance, assisting me to change style, stakes to get the income build i want from trading. I have said to the BA team it would be good to have this, every time the upgrades come out it has everything that doesnt interest me, but i upgrade for the sake of it 6 months after, once there has not been to many complants about bugs. So i agree with you a practice figured bank would be good, at the momment i use a spreadsheet and have to pop in returns manually, if i could of connected that up to go in automatically that would of been great, but its in the BA teams hands, go on Peter lets have it
Hopefully BA will find a way to make this happen, it seems quite a few people would benefit from this as well
nigelk

I have just tried this method and it has only extracted the meetings and times. I have also tried changing to column D to extract the prices, but to no avail.
Thats exactly how it should be. All you have to do now is enter the formulas shown in columns H & I (expand the column width in col G first) to make it easier to read.
rhodaewart

Frogmella wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 7:52 pm
The answer to the original question is "No". Bet Angel has no method of calculating or displaying your daily p/l other than by displaying your betfair account balance when in live mode.

I believe Bet Angel can't calculate your balance because it doesn't actually know who won the event.
I'm new to Bet Angel; I find very little they do is intuitive. I think that they're too close to the problem. They assume the reader already has an adequate knowledge base. This clearly isn't the case or else I wouldn't be writing this post. The whole practise mode feature is rendered redundant if the user is not able to review results of his/her work. I can't believe that Bet Angel have missed this point. :o
Derek27

foxwood

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:28 pm
Using Practice Mode
+1 +RTFM

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”