Bet Angel : Trading Random Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
thomsch

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I watched Peter Webb - Bet Angel - The psychology of trading - "The Devil inside" and towards the end there was a bonus tip to improve your trading. Basically, Peter said that you should set up Bet Angel to trade at random so that you can compare this to your own trading and improve your results. I've searched the forum and the bet angel user guide but cannot find how to do this or any ready made automation files. Does anyone know or have a link on how to do this?

Also, if anyone has tried trading at random using Bet Angel, did you find this useful for improving your own trading?
thomsch

Anyone?
BetScalper

I have done this on horse racing in the final 3 minutes before the scheduled start time.

I placed trades at the reverse prices, wait for 1 to get matched, cancel the other one and then close the open one if it meets some other criteria. The good thing about this is you are effectively always in the market and not relying/waiting for pre-conditions to be met.

I am still refining the closing part but it does look interesting. As long as your R:R is >= 3 then in theory it should work long term.

The good thing is you can catch some big steamers/drifters.

But we will have to wait and see.

Goodluck,
wearthefoxhat

Another way is to attach the "directional bot" to enter a trade and manage the exit manually by deciding if the market will continue or go back to the other way. You'd be surprised how in tune you become with the market and the other runners too. More often or not, the directional trend continues and a safe green trade can be made. (of course it could go to shite if you get too greedy)
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Another way is to attach the "directional bot"
More often or not, the directional trend continues
What are the parameters of this 'directional' bot that profits more often than not ?
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Another way is to attach the "directional bot"
More often or not, the directional trend continues
What are the parameters of this 'directional' bot that profits more often than not ?

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12610

Dallas shared the above directional bot a couple of years ago. Main parameters of interest are Historic Relative Odds Condition combined with WOM.

My preference is to adjust the entry time (earlier) and allow the bot to enter the trade. I then monitor others in the market and how they behave. Some markets behave differently to others, especially the more volatile.

I also adjust the amount of triggers (reduce) and the number of ticks offset (manually exit a stop loss if required)

Other options are to flip the direction, or use both directional bots in the same market.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”