Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
zweistein

If anyone is interested go to Cancun for a month or two, you have really cheap flights from Glasgow (thomas cook airlines) 🏄💃🤑
BetScalper

Forget Thailand.

Vietnam is perfect for everything although if you gamble and win or lose 50 million dong then you can get a 7 year jail term.

So, just use VPS.

Girls are lovely. :)

But mind you don't bump into GG.
Dublin_Flyer

https://www.bettingexpert.com/betfair/regulation

Didn't think Indonesia would be on the permitted list, although I'm not sure if the Exchange is permitted or just Sportscrook. I definitely remember watching the Melbourne Cup last year in a taxi on the way to the airport in Bali to come home. I also remember watching Aidan O'Brien beat the group 1 record from an apartment in Manila on the same holiday, but having checked my BF account history it must have been Mobdro app I was watching the channels on and not the BF app live video cos I have no activity those weeks.

From the list of "legal" betfair countries, there's a whole host of countries to chose from that have cheaper cost of living, better weather, and a prettier gene pool than UK/Ire for a lot of our forum! Just a matter of getting the right spot with a very reliable internet provider/backup internet in case the sh1t hits the fan.
Plus a fan too, can you imagine trading in 40+ degrees like a lot of Europe recently, being stuck on the wrong end of a swing, and your air-con breaks down? :shock:
Kafkaesque

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 pm
Didn't think Indonesia would be on the permitted list, although I'm not sure if the Exchange is permitted or just Sportscrook.
Deliberate? Or a Freudian slip, Betfair style? :lol:
eightbo

I don't class myself as successful yet but yes, we have similar interests ;)

For me, progress in health/fitness, dating/relationships, social skills, etc. are just as important as progress in trading, which I see as a means to:
1) adopt a successful mindset/approach for whatever you do in life
2) fund experiences to live a fulfilling and happy life

改善
mcgoo

eightbo wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 pm

For me, progress in health/fitness, dating/relationships, social skills, etc. are just as important as progress in trading, which I see as a means to:

改善
Can identify with some of these points. I have had the privilege of training under an Aikido master .. where the principles of 1. Welcome it when it comes,Let it go when it leaves & Harmonise if confronted. & 2. Aikido is Life..are instilled. I often see big parallels with trading. Continual self improvement & trading to support a happy life are the goals
eightbo

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 am
eightbo wrote:

改善
Can identify with some of these points. I have had the privilege of training under an Aikido master .. where the principles of 1. Welcome it when it comes,Let it go when it leaves & Harmonise if confronted. & 2. Aikido is Life..are instilled. I often see big parallels with trading. Continual self improvement & trading to support a happy life are the goals
That's refreshing to hear. I believe we owe it to ourselves and those around us to become the best versions of ourselves.

When I was growing up we lived across the road from an Aikido Instructor who my family became close with. Super friendly guy and thinking back, he appeared very content in life. Some years later, a sibling of mine is now living in Japan focusing on Aikido among other things (I believe he ranks as 2nd dan/nidan!)

Although my personal contact time with Aikido is limited, I've got an interest in eastern philosophy, particularly Zen Buddhism, which as you may know has a history embedded in martial arts practice. I've definitely noticed a strong overlap between some of the concepts and what I believe it means to be successful both in life and as a trader.

"As I said, I don't do zen. And yet, because I do aikido - I do zen. A simple understanding of zen concepts can help any martial artist to strike more truly, move more freely, and to throw more decisively. And I hope those zen concepts flow from my budo training into the rest of my life - helping me to find tranquillity, and truth, and clarity. We can find all those things simply by doing aikido sincerely. But it's always good to make a conscious effort to remember them. Wait! If it's a conscious effort it can't be zen! Ah well - that is the paradox."

"Zen emphasizes rigorous self-control, meditation-practice, insight into Buddha-nature, and the personal expression of this insight in daily life, especially for the benefit of others"

You must be nearing 2 years of trading now. Time flies, huh? Hopefully not as painful as my first 2 years in the markets!
If you ever need a trading partner, just holla :mrgreen:
mcgoo

eightbo wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 am
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 am
eightbo wrote:

改善
That's refreshing to hear. I believe we owe it to ourselves and those around us to become the best versions of ourselves.

When I was growing up we lived across the road from an Aikido Instructor who my family became close with. Super friendly guy and thinking back, he appeared very content in life. Some years later, a sibling of mine is now living in Japan focusing on Aikido among other things (I believe he ranks as 2nd dan/nidan!)

Although my personal contact time with Aikido is limited, I've got an interest in eastern philosophy, particularly Zen Buddhism, which as you may know has a history embedded in martial arts practice. I've definitely noticed a strong overlap between some of the concepts and what I believe it means to be successful both in life and as a trader.

"As I said, I don't do zen. And yet, because I do aikido - I do zen. A simple understanding of zen concepts can help any martial artist to strike more truly, move more freely, and to throw more decisively. And I hope those zen concepts flow from my budo training into the rest of my life - helping me to find tranquillity, and truth, and clarity. We can find all those things simply by doing aikido sincerely. But it's always good to make a conscious effort to remember them. Wait! If it's a conscious effort it can't be zen! Ah well - that is the paradox."

"Zen emphasizes rigorous self-control, meditation-practice, insight into Buddha-nature, and the personal expression of this insight in daily life, especially for the benefit of others"

You must be nearing 2 years of trading now. Time flies, huh? Hopefully not as painful as my first 2 years in the markets!
If you ever need a trading partner, just holla :mrgreen:
Thanks mate .Much appreciated.I'll take you up on that and PM you sometime. :) Yes last concentrated 2 years of humbling experience :D
Edit: In the spirit of the thread:Last night in Fiji tonight.Could get used to trading from here :mrgreen:
zweistein

If anyone is interested go to mexico (Cancun, Playa del Carmen) for a month or longer and is looking for another trader or digital nomad to share expenses with, please contact me. I am going there in september, and I am staying at least one month (I have one way ticket, lol).

If there will be interest I plan to organize this kind of working trips for traders in future. Organizing trips is my passion... Mexico is my third destination after Croatia and Serbia.
BetScalper

zweistein wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:43 am
If anyone is interested go to mexico (Cancun, Playa del Carmen) for a month or longer and is looking for another trader or digital nomad to share expenses with, please contact me. I am going there in september, and I am staying at least one month (I have one way ticket, lol).

If there will be interest I plan to organize this kind of working trips for traders in future. Organizing trips is my passion... Mexico is my third destination after Croatia and Serbia.
The city has been devastated by violent acts related to drug trafficking. In January this year there were 33 drug related murders. Cancún is above the national average in homicides. Which says allot considering Mexico has been voted the most dangerous country in the world.
Derek27

Best thing to do when you're there is don't sell any drugs. ;)
BetScalper

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:51 am
Best thing to do when you're there is don't sell any drugs. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zweistein

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am
zweistein wrote:

The city has been devastated by violent acts related to drug trafficking. In January this year there were 33 drug related murders. Cancún is above the national average in homicides. Which says allot considering Mexico has been voted the most dangerous country in the world.
Then thank God my visit is not drug related... I believe the tourists are safe there, the drug dealers fight amoung themselves, and most of their fights are happening in completely other part of Mexico. It is incredible tough luck if you find yourself in middle of their fight in Cancun area and nearby.

I will definitely report my view of safety there.
BetScalper

zweistein wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am
zweistein wrote:

Then thank God my visit is not drug related... I believe the tourists are safe there, the drug dealers fight amoung themselves, and most of their fights are happening in completely other part of Mexico. It is incredible tough luck if you find yourself in middle of their fight in Cancun area and nearby.

I will definitely report my view of safety there.
Out of the 33 murders in Cancun during January 2018, 4 of them were holiday makers who were caught in the cross fire. 2 of the cartels were shooting at each other across a street with machine guns.
zweistein

@betscalper

Do you have data how many people died in London's terrorist attacks last year? Just to compare what difference is between cities regarding safety

Return to “General discussion”