odds evolution in betfair

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
caussada

Hi every body,

I Have a simple question for your which can help me.
I would like to know if the odds of each result are solidary , if there is a links between them.

more accurate , i would like to know if when i bet a big amount in a result, the odds for the others result will moove because of my bet or if on the contrary there is 3 market differents, where the odds change because of the offer and the demand inside each market.

Sorry for my english , and thank a lot for your help if you know somrthing about it.

Best regards
Derek27

caussada wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:13 pm
Hi every body,

I would like to know if the odds of each result are solidary , if there is a links between them.

more accurate , i would like to know if when i bet a big amount in a result, the odds for the others result will moove because of my bet or if on the contrary there is 3 market differents, where the odds change because of the offer and the demand inside each market.

Sorry for my english , and thank a lot for your help if you know somrthing about it.

Best regards
Hi Caussada, welcome to the forum. :)

In horse racing a big movement for a horse in the 'win' market can indirectly cause a similar movement in the 'place' market.

In football the markets are directly linked by 'cross-matching'. A big bet on a 0-0 draw can get placed on the under 0.5 goals market if it offers better odds.

If you place a very big bet that moves the market, how the market reacts depends on the price you've taken. It could push the market but if people disagree with the price you've asked for they would simply take your bet and the market can remain unchanged.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:58 pm
caussada wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:13 pm
Hi every body,

Best regards
Hi Caussada, welcome to the forum. :)

In horse racing a big movement for a horse in the 'win' market can indirectly cause a similar movement in the 'place' market.

In football the markets are directly linked by 'cross-matching'. A big bet on a 0-0 draw can get placed on the under 0.5 goals market if it offers better odds.

If you place a very big bet that moves the market, how the market reacts depends on the price you've taken. It could push the market but if people disagree with the price you've asked for they would simply take your bet and the market can remain unchanged.
Cross-matching (XM) is where a bet is matched against other selections from the same market
It's cross-market cross-matching (XMXM) that inter-connects football markets.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:08 pm
Cross-matching (XM) is where a bet is matched against other selections from the same market
It's cross-market cross-matching (XMXM) that inter-connects football markets.
I was trying to keep it simple, as English isn't Caussana's first language. :)
caussada

thanks a lot for your answer dallas and derek27. It will help me !

So if follow you reasoning ,
if i provide o moove of the odds, there is not really sense to put an order in the 3 results possible in the same time to catch the best odds, because my first order which will be accepted will moove the odd for the others results.

Thank :)
Derek27

Your first order will not have an effect on the market unless it's a very large bet.
caussada

Maybe easier to explain in image.

if i feel the roma will goal, and i use an excell to bet on the same time: back roma , lay torino and lay draw.

My bet would be the one who are framed in the image. The first of my 3 bet will shifft the 2 others, or i can imagine that all my bet will matched ?
( more or less because i know that during the delay of 5 sec it will change )

It's hypothetical i have not enough money to bet that ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”