Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Euler

That's me done on the day, I'm not coming back this evening.

I probably am done on the day as well as I have quite a few liabilities open, no idea what the outcome will be.
Jukebox

If it helps, its still possible to back the winner of the 7:00
Dallas

Thankfully I was in between tennis matches so no harm this time.

two major outages within a week! and Ebor starting tomorrow and US Open next week
Kai

Well this sucks, I will probably lose about 600, or win 2300. Had 5k in liabilities a couple hours ago. This is just unacceptable.
Last edited by Kai on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jukebox

19:28 the 19:00 has just now been suspended.
Euler

It really is a joke, we should compile the list of crashes and put them into some sort of document.
Kafkaesque

Back on, it seems. At least the tennis has been turned inplay. We'll see if it lasts...
weemac

Euler wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:17 pm

I probably am done on the day as well as I have quite a few liabilities open, no idea what the outcome will be.
There would be no need at all for open-ended liabilities with site crashes if Guardian could accurately place green-up bets at prices other than the current back or lay prices. We could set Guardian to green every few minutes (using the net stake feature) at say 50% away from the current market level and also trigger 'Take SP' every few minutes. Betfair always reconcile an SP.

I and others did suggest this before on the Suggestions thread. It surely can't be that difficult to introduce, since we're already part-way there?

No more need for panic with crashes, power cuts or internet failures.
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:

Same here, large bets on the football and unable to cancel some bets so don't even know if the website is showing correct liabilities. The PC allowance was supposed to encourage us to increase liquidity but it's becoming so ureliable to place bets in advance at the moment as the site seems to be so flaky.
leewillo75

Euler wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:30 pm
It really is a joke, we should compile the list of crashes and put them into some sort of document.
the problem is they dont give a hoots ....

Hopefully long term it will be their downfall
Dallas

I can load tennis markets OK albeit there is no activity

but can't load any racing markets including tomorrows
gstar1975

Euler wrote:

You need to create a big fat red button on Betangel so that when a crash is likely you can hedge across all markets you are active in. Or is this option already available?
JTEDL

FFS :roll:
Train

weemac wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm
Euler wrote:

There would be no need at all for open-ended liabilities with site crashes if Guardian could accurately place green-up bets at prices other than the current back or lay prices. We could set Guardian to green every few minutes (using the net stake feature) at say 50% away from the current market level and also trigger 'Take SP' every few minutes. Betfair always reconcile an SP.

I and others did suggest this before on the Suggestions thread. It surely can't be that difficult to introduce, since we're already part-way there?

No more need for panic with crashes, power cuts or internet failures.
Interesting idea. There might still be a way, but I just wanted to clarify that Betfair doesn't always match SP bets. If there is not enough money on the SP or in the market to balance your entire bet, the remainder is voided. I've had it happen plenty of times in the past, although perhaps it always happened on low volume markets, I didn't take note.

Either way, it would certainly be better than nothing. This sucks.
BetScalper

Strange or a coincidence that the Sports Book is still working fine.

Just another conspiracy to push everyone over there I wonder ?????

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”