UPDATED: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.51.1 - Now on general release

Euler

This is saved in 'settings'
Wolf1877

That mention of settings just reminded me that it would be nice to be able to change the number of global settings offset ticks with a drop down. It is just so fiddly positioning the cursor, deleting the existing number and typing a new offset number while trading. To crack this particular nut I resorted to the sledgehammer tactic of saving different settings as the settings are on a drop down. But my masterplan did inadvertently cause me a bit of self inflicted grief.

I run more than 1 instance of Bet Angel on the same markets with different settings for Guardian. When playing around doing some manual trading it didnt matter which instance i used until I started using my settings drop down solution. When trading in the wrong instance I screwed up completely unrelated Guardian settings like restrict refresh when changing my offset ticks. My error obviously but those offset ticks really need a drop down IMO!
northbound

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 am
What's the name of the relevant setting?

Every time I re-open BetAngel, my previously selected stake, e.g. 32, is not selected anymore

- - - - -
Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 12.40.20.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

great that you can display info on the ladder etc. Be awesome to have a 'variables' window so you can see when signals/SV's are active-that said haven't sifted through all the new settings yet..can probably create a SV when a signal is set but would be good to have them all in one place.. :ugeek:
Dabbla

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:01 am
That mention of settings just reminded me that it would be nice to be able to change the number of global settings offset ticks with a drop down. It is just so fiddly positioning the cursor, deleting the existing number and typing a new offset number while trading. To crack this particular nut I resorted to the sledgehammer tactic of saving different settings as the settings are on a drop down. But my masterplan did inadvertently cause me a bit of self inflicted grief.

I run more than 1 instance of Bet Angel on the same markets with different settings for Guardian. When playing around doing some manual trading it didnt matter which instance i used until I started using my settings drop down solution. When trading in the wrong instance I screwed up completely unrelated Guardian settings like restrict refresh when changing my offset ticks. My error obviously but those offset ticks really need a drop down IMO!
Unless I’m miss reading your post, this can already be done.
dropdown.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

northbound wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:42 am
Euler wrote:
It's not in the ladder settings, but saved under the general settings area. Once saved there that should store the stake value.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Capture.PNG
Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:32 pm
northbound wrote:
Euler wrote:
It's not in the ladder settings, but saved under the general settings area. Once saved there that should store the stake value.
Northbound are you talking about the settings remembering that 32 was 'selected' rather than the value in the slot actually being 32 (which should already be saved)?

If so, you can quickly selected the second preset slot on a ladder using a keyboard shortcut.
Capture.PNG
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

kivanio wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am
Screenshot 2018-09-08 22.57.19.png
Thanks kivanio - yes that looks like a bug. We'll get that fixed before the end of the beta.
northbound

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm
northbound wrote:
If so, you can quickly selected the second preset slot on a ladder using a keyboard shortcut.
Thanks, I'll try that
Wolf1877

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:31 pm
Unless I’m miss reading your post, this can already be done.
dropdown.PNG
Thanks for that idea Dabbla. It looks a better idea than saving different settings with different values of offsets in the offset box as I have been doing.
I still think it would be better to have a simple drop down option on the offset box though. No one wants to type when they are pointing and clicking!
global.png
convoysur-2

Big Thanks to peter and the betangel team-
Great job on improvements and videos are great- Thank you .
Well done lads( and ladies if there are any )
RonObvious

Hi,

On the manual bet screen I have added additional columns and created a rules file to use stored values to populate these columns every 60 seconds with the Implied Probability of the runner.

With this new Beta and the ability to display stored values on the ladder, does this mean I can now display my rules file on top of the ladder? I.E: Instead of using the manual bet screen to update a new column every 1 minute can this information now appear on top of the ladder every minute or am I being overly optimistic?

Thanks
Dallas

RonObvious wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:02 pm
Hi,

On the manual bet screen I have added additional columns and created a rules file to use stored values to populate these columns every 60 seconds with the Implied Probability of the runner.

With this new Beta and the ability to display stored values on the ladder, does this mean I can now display my rules rule on top of the ladder? I.E: Instead of using the manual bet screen to update a new column every 1 minute can this information now appear on top of the ladder every minute or am I being overly optimistic?

Thanks
Yes that can now be done, I included it in a servant file posted a few days ago just to give people a quick Idea
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17245
RonObvious

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm
Yes that can now be done, I included it in a servant file posted a few days ago just to give people a quick Idea
I didnt explain it very well sorry Dallas.

If you see the image below from another thread topic the 3 columns on the right where stored values are used to populate the columns with the odds at 5, 4 and 3 minutes is it possible for this information to appear in sequence in the additional information area of the ladder? So at 5 mins out 2.3 would appear, then at 4 minutes 2.26 would appear beside 2.3 (as in the picture) and so on each minute until post. So at post time in this example you would have the 3 different prices side by side in the additional information area.
Dallas

RonObvious wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:39 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm
I didnt explain it very well sorry Dallas.

If you see the image below from another thread topic the 3 columns on the right where stored values are used to populate the columns with the odds at 5, 4 and 3 minutes is it possible for this information to appear in sequence in the additional information area of the ladder? So at 5 mins out 2.3 would appear, then at 4 minutes 2.26 would appear beside 2.3 (as in the picture) and so on each minute until post. So at post time in this example you would have the 3 different prices side by side in the additional information area.
Yes, that can still be done it just requires extra rows to be added.

In the new additional information of the ladder settings area for row 1 select the name of the stored value to be used (ie 'five' to replicate where that screenshot comes).
Then add a 2nd row and select the name of that stored value to be used (ie, 'four') and so on until you have as many rows as you need

If you still get stuck it's perhaps better to start a new thread to keep this one clear just for issues/problems with the beta itself

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”