UPDATED: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.51.1 - Now on general release

RonObvious

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:49 pm
Yes, that can still be done it just requires extra rows to be added.

In the new additional information of the ladder settings area for row 1 select the name of the stored value to be used (ie 'five' to replicate where that screenshot comes).
Then add a 2nd row and select the name of that stored value to be used (ie, 'four') and so on until you have as many rows as you need

If you still get stuck it's perhaps better to start a new thread to keep this one clear just for issues/problems with the beta itself
Perfect thank you, just needed to know it was possible
gsa

Great Update. I love the new options in the ladder screen. To display the "Stored Value" helps alot.

Just one request (for the next update): Please make the "Tennis Relative Scores" in the Automation also working in Tie-Breaks.

Cheers

Georg
jupiter_man

After I updated it to V1.51 then my guardian setting does not save, I have to manually change the refresh interval / restrict refresh etc every time I use it.
I have been using BA for a long time and it never happen before.

For example, I set my restrict refresh to from 100s before start and 10s after start, then save the setting as Setting1
Then I load up another setting (Setting2) with 20s before start and 20s after start, it works fine.
Then when I would like to load Setting1 again, the restrict refresh remain at 20s before start and 20s after start.

Whenever I changed any setting, I did go to "setting" and press "save setting", this is what I have been doing and I dont know why it suddenly does not work anymore.
Thanks for your help.
MemphisFlash

i have noticed that too! the refresh rate seems to default to 1 second and i have to change to 20ms.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks. We'll look to recreate that during this week and report back.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jupiter_man wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am
After I updated it to V1.51 then my guardian setting does not save, I have to manually change the refresh interval / restrict refresh etc every time I use it.
We've had a quick look at this and so far haven't been able to recreate the issue, so wonder if there is some other setting that is conflicting and preventing the Guardian setting from saving.
Could you try opening Bet Angel with <factory default> settings on the login screen and then only change the Guardian settings that are causing you problems (e.g. restricted refresh) and then save. Change the settings to different values and then save again under a different name. Then see if you experience the same issues when switching from one setting to another.

By the way, when you initially saw the problem, were you starting with a setting profile that had been created with a previous version of Bet Angel? That is fully supported and should work without issue, but just trying to narrow the scenario to help us recreate.
gsa

I am testing the Beta Version on my laptop. Just had the problem twice, that BetAngel stopped working, when I tried to import a rule file in the automation. Never had this problem before on the laptop or any other PC (with older versions of BetAngel). Might still be a local problem only, but I wanted to report it anyway....

Georg
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

gsa wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm
Might still be a local problem only, but I wanted to report it anyway....
Thanks - was it an Automation file that you downloaded from this forum or something that you've created yourself on another PC? If you send it to us in a support ticket, we'll try to recreate.
Were you using the Import menu item in Guardian's header or the one in the Servant Manager menu?
Korattt

I keep having to change my advanced chart settings back to my desired settings every time I log in?, old settings are stored ok but since new update I'm unable to set up a new screen profile & store it.. & it seems to be just the advanced chart settings?, it must be something I'm doing wrong.. any clues?

my desired settings

Advanced Chart Settings.png

"default" settings every time I log in post update?

Advanced Chart Settings pre.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

Korattt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am
I keep having to change my advanced chart settings back to my desired settings every time I log in?, old settings are stored ok but since new update I'm unable to set up a new screen profile & store it.. & it seems to be just the advanced chart settings?, it must be something I'm doing wrong.. any clues?
Are you saving them as settings or view ? Charts settings should be saved as settings(top of the main screen).

You said " I'm unable to set up a new screen profile & store it"
You dont want to save it as a screen profile.
Korattt

still no joy

settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
annuity

Bet Angel wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:45 pm
jupiter_man wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am
We've had a quick look at this and so far haven't been able to recreate the issue, so wonder if there is some other setting that is conflicting and preventing the Guardian setting from saving.
Could you try opening Bet Angel with <factory default> settings on the login screen and then only change the Guardian settings that are causing you problems (e.g. restricted refresh) and then save. Change the settings to different values and then save again under a different name. Then see if you experience the same issues when switching from one setting to another.

By the way, when you initially saw the problem, were you starting with a setting profile that had been created with a previous version of Bet Angel? That is fully supported and should work without issue, but just trying to narrow the scenario to help us recreate.
I'm having the same issue with Guardian but for me the issue also entends to the ladder preset stakes not saving either.

It's strange because i'm pretty sure everything was ok when i first updated. I am using a setting profile from a previous version of Bet Angel. I had the same thought to start again from scratch and see if that solved the issue so I'll do as suggested and run a test from factory default and report back.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Korattt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:05 pm
still no joy
Are you loading the saved settings profile from the login screen or by clicking the picklist at the top of Bet Angel once started?

Are you also loading a Screen Layout? Again is that selected on the login screen or from the picklist in Bet Angel after login?

In both case, were the profiles saved with version 1.51 or are you using a profile saved with another version?

If you are selecting the profiles AFTER login, which do you select first, the layout or the settings?
Korattt

I’m on v1.51.0, I’ve adjusted some settings from previous version & stored new settings on v1.51.0
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Korattt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:48 pm
I’m on v1.51.0, I’ve adjusted some settings from previous version & stored new settings on v1.51.0
What about the screen layout? We really need an answer to each question in turn to have a chance to recreate it.

Also, try creating the settings from scratch ( <factory default> ), so that we know whether there's something in those previous settings that is clashing.

If you want, zip up the contents of 'C:\Users\<YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional' on your PC and send it to us in a support ticket. We'll then be able to recreate your environment in Test.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”