Strictly come dancing 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
JTEDL

Ok, I've not watched it much since Ola left ;) But for those who like a small stake nibble, then Seann Walsh at 2.7 - next elimination might appeal to some. Won't matter how good/bad he dances...
SeaHorseRacing

Get your coat mate. ;)
Dallas

JTEDL wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 pm
Ok, I've not watched it much since Ola left ;) But for those who like a small stake nibble, then Seann Walsh at 2.7 - next elimination might appeal to some. Won't matter how good/bad he dances...
Didn't check the odds beforehand but a lot expected him and Katya to go on Saturday gone
SeaHorseRacing

2.7 is pretty generous though but can’t see judges voting him off.
Dallas

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm
2.7 is pretty generous though but can’t see judges voting him off.
They won't be able to mark them down but there was reports they were all calling for them to quit ahead of last weeks show - yes I watch it every week and not missed an episode since around 2007
MemphisFlash

i watch it too religiously. here is my opinion of what may happen on saturday,
Obvioulsly sean and katya have lost the public vote, that is a given. the judges cant just vote them off, they have to be seen as impartial and judge only on the dancing and not their personal lives.
so this is how it will play out.

sean and katya will be in the dance off, the question is who will they be up against.
my guess is that they will be up against someone who is brilliant (lets say Faye or Ashleigh) or they will be up against either Katie or Lauren. (sympathy voting)
now they will vote sean and Katya off in either scenario and will not look to be the bad guys,
because if a briiliant dancer is against them, they are expected to go. And if its Lauren or Katie, then they are seen as sympathetic to disfigurement/ disability and again come off as the good guys.
So in that respect it might be an idea to lay either of those 4 for elimination this week.
Tuco

Seann & Katya are putting more work into their routines than anyone else and for all who saw last Saturday's Paso Doble to The Matrix Theme their work is paying off. Katya is reigning cahmpion and her choreography is first class - if in doubt watch again here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5foTubeyI

There are others in the show who are still working during this series and they will fall behind in ability - Seann isn't one of those. They are dancing a Charleston - has anyone ever been voted off when dancing a Charelston? I can't see Seann & Katya leaving this weekend - both will know they will have to up their game but last weeks judges comments were very positive and the 'mistake' happened last Wednesday not this Wednesday.
ShaunWhite

Interesting takes, and I thought I'd be the only one who never misses it. Like Memphis says, it'll be a Sean vs someone. I can't see that someone being Ashley or Faye, they both looked great in training, Faye has got fans and Ashley is likeable did well on IACGMOOH. Katie, maybe, Lauren, maybe.... But also Graham Swan looks in danger to me and that might be a close call between him and Sean. Will be pretty tough for Sean and Katya doing the most smiley dance there is.

I backed Stacey on day 1 at 11 and have savers on Faye and Joe. I'm holding those for a while still. Can't let my heart rule my head though because I'd like to see her win.

My picks, Strictly (Stacey) , Apprentice (Jackie) , Bake off (Manon) , Big Brother (Lewis F)..... god bless the autumn schedulers.
MemphisFlash

you watch some sad shit. bet you even watch the X factor
LeTiss

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:57 am
X Factor used to be a HUGE market.

I remember the year Matt Cardle won, Peter Webb and I were exchanging tales of our massive greens on the market
spreadbetting

Even Big Brother used to have decent liquidity, these days the amounts on offer are pathetic. Only £88K matched on the Big Brother market in 4(?) weeks for this year. The specials markets used to be easy money but I just don't bother with them these days , there's far too little money either side of the spread and the time spent checking the market/show isn't worth the effort for me anymore. I'd guess there's still half decent money to be made for anyone who actually keeps abreast of, or interested in, the shows and understands how to make a market though.

Just had a look at the SCD 3rd elimination market as people are saying 2.7 is available and fair enough 2.7 is on offer to a mighty £6
Untitled.png
ShaunWhite

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:57 am
No, not watched it for years, it's too formulaic. Yes it's some 'sad shit' but if you also watch/read/listen to a lot of serious stuff, then sometimes you need an antidote. It's also not just about watching what I want to watch either, it's about engaging in things other people in the family like too. It's sociable telly you can talk about around the dinner table.

The markets for them are a lot weaker then they were, so I only have a small interest... not everything I do has to revolve around money so I'd watch them even if there wasn't a market. It makes a nice change from human suffering and planetary destruction.
JTEDL

You're right, weak market, might be bit more money Saturday evening, some of the bookies are offering a measly 2.25 for next elimination.
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 pm
I watch it every week and not missed an episode since around 2007
:shock: :)

My family think I'm this psychic - whenever there's a final vote I'll pop in 5mins early & tell em who's gonna win. There's just enough gap between the market getting suspended & TV delay :D

They were super impressed when I got the Voice winner right!
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 pm
I watch it every week and not missed an episode since around 2007
:shock: :)

My family think I'm this psychic - whenever there's a final vote I'll pop in 5mins early & tell em who's gonna win. There's just enough gap between the market getting suspended & TV delay :D

They were super impressed when I got the Voice winner right!
Obv only works with a live vote, Strictly result is known at about 10pm on Saturday night.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”