Swing Trading 2 V 1 Guardian Automation Bot For Horse Racing

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on the pre-race horse racing markets.
During the final 5 mins before the start of the race this bot is looking for a possible swing trade using the classic 2v1 situation which means if two horse move in one direction the third will most likely move the opposite way.

It will monitor the 1st-3rd fav and if any two drift by 5 or more ticks within 60 seconds it will back the other runner with a £10 stake using a 10 tick offset with greening and 10 tick trailing stop loss.

Alternatively, if any two shorten by 5 or more ticks it will lay the other also for a £10 stake using a 10 tick offset with greening and 10 tick trailing stop loss.
It will only bet on one runner at a time but if greened up or stopped out the process will be repeated if another move occurs.

A final green up is then done as a safety precaution in the last 30 seconds.

This automation file uses the ‘Historic Relative Odds Condition’ on each of the back or lay rules to determine when the other two runners have moved before placing the back or lay bet, should you wish to edit the number of ticks or time frame currently used these conditions is where you would make the changes. Or if you wanted to change or add further runners to be monitored.

To use the file just click on the Swing Trade 2Vs1.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

as ever ;)

much appreciated
jkirley

Nice one!
Geordie

New here. Amazed by your very helpful posts, Dallas.

Kudos, mate.
ray131262

Nice BOT in principle and of interest. Whats the results of this in use?
ShaunWhite

ray131262 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 pm
Nice BOT in principle and of interest. Whats the results of this in use?
The profitability of bots usually varies a lot. Both over different seasons and different sizes and types of races. They are the very epitome of previous performance not guaranteeing future results too because other bots come and go, some of which affect your bot. Many a good bot has suddenly stopped working for no obvious reason.

It's almost certain that no bot will work on every market. The bots published here are good starting points for your own variations and for you to find out how best to implement them.

I'm afraid you won't find anyone who will say that bot A works on x y and z markets. That information takes a lot of time and effort to gather and as I say in the first para, if you give away a profitable bot chances are it'll stop being profitable. In fact I'd go as far as to say that the default settings on Dallas's bots are probably tested to prove they aren't profitable as is.

The classic saying that's worth remembering goes... Every strategy has its market and every market has its strategy.
smitdog

Hello , Just giving this file a test however i cannot get any bets to trigger ?
I am using V1.49.1 .
Have tried 20 markets but no triggers ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers
Dallas

smitdog wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:32 am
Hello , Just giving this file a test however i cannot get any bets to trigger ?
I am using V1.49.1 .
Have tried 20 markets but no triggers ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers
How many markets do you have in guardian at a time or do you have the market the automation is applied to loaded on a trading screen?
smitdog

Hello Dallas , At the most I only have had about 4 races max loaded at any one time , plus also I have Guardian and the one click screen up as well ?

Cheers David ..
tiago1313

Dallas wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:34 am
This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on the pre-race horse racing markets.
During the final 5 mins before the start of the race this bot is looking for a possible swing trade using the classic 2v1 situation which means if two horse move in one direction the third will most likely move the opposite way.

It will monitor the 1st-3rd fav and if any two drift by 5 or more ticks within 60 seconds it will back the other runner with a £10 stake using a 10 tick offset with greening and 10 tick trailing stop loss.

Alternatively, if any two shorten by 5 or more ticks it will lay the other also for a £10 stake using a 10 tick offset with greening and 10 tick trailing stop loss.
It will only bet on one runner at a time but if greened up or stopped out the process will be repeated if another move occurs.

A final green up is then done as a safety precaution in the last 30 seconds.

This automation file uses the ‘Historic Relative Odds Condition’ on each of the back or lay rules to determine when the other two runners have moved before placing the back or lay bet, should you wish to edit the number of ticks or time frame currently used these conditions is where you would make the changes. Or if you wanted to change or add further runners to be monitored.

To use the file just click on the Swing Trade 2Vs1.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
:roll: Hi Dalas,

Just to confirm, you said that '' if two horses move in one direction the third will most likely move the opposite way.''

But after you say '' It will monitor the 1st-3rd fav and if any two drift by 5 or more ticks within 60 seconds it will back the other runner ''

So what is the condition to Back the other runner? Does it need that 1 horse drift by 5 or two horses drift by 5 or more ticks?

Thanks for your reply
Dallas

tiago1313 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:43 pm

:roll: Hi Dalas,

Just to confirm, you said that '' if two horses move in one direction the third will most likely move the opposite way.''

But after you say '' It will monitor the 1st-3rd fav and if any two drift by 5 or more ticks within 60 seconds it will back the other runner ''

So what is the condition to Back the other runner? Does it need that 1 horse drift by 5 or two horses drift by 5 or more ticks?

Thanks for your reply
It needs two runners to drift 5 or more ticks
tiago1313

Thanks Dallas ! Me again sorry to bother. I am testing the Bot on UK horse races and I were wondering what are the best conditions for Swing Trading ? Do you need specific number of runners, odds, volume, money...etc

Thanks for helping :?
STARBUCK62

I am having the same problem as regards it kicking in, I am in practice mode , have it loaded into automation, selected every race to fire into, refresh rate is the same throughout, I have had to have it as a Servant and even then I have to manually click on it to get it started ,
Any Ideas, seems like a nice piece of kit. :)
Dallas

STARBUCK62 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm
I am having the same problem as regards it kicking in, I am in practice mode , have it loaded into automation, selected every race to fire into, refresh rate is the same throughout, I have had to have it as a Servant and even then I have to manually click on it to get it started ,
Any Ideas, seems like a nice piece of kit. :)
Sorry nearly missed this

I'm not sure what you mean exactly?, are you saying the file from the OP is not triggering for you?
chrissav

Hi just about to try this BOT but noticed people have struggled to get this working? Has anyone recently tried this and seen it trigger?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”