BAMI - Bet Angel Market Import

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you like to see BAMI incorporated into BA??

Yes, yes, yes. I've always wanted this included in BA
84%
No, I trade manually and can't see any benefit for me
11%
Not sure - but that's just me -always on the fence!!
5%

Total votes: 61
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Current Betfair terms won't let us develop anything that accesses historic data without signing a data license agreement ....
obvioulsy not going to flash up the name of the competing software that does do this. however, given that (imho) BA must surely have the biggest subs paying base out of the main players, how do you reckon these competitors manage to do this and still remain viable??
ShaunWhite

There's way more to this than changing the BA data source from live to a saved stream. Creating a trading simulator whose results were meaningful would be an enormous job in proportion to the likely return. Look at the hoo-ha around PIQ...that's piece of cake compared to a sim.
Euler

jimibt wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:37 pm
obvioulsy not going to flash up the name of the competing software that does do this. however, given that (imho) BA must surely have the biggest subs paying base out of the main players, how do you reckon these competitors manage to do this and still remain viable??
We have spoken to Betfair quite a few times about this and their position remains unchanged.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm
There's way more to this than changing the BA data source from live to a saved stream. Creating a trading simulator whose results were meaningful would be an enormous job in proportion to the likely return. Look at the hoo-ha around PIQ...that's piece of cake compared to a sim.
You already have a practice mode all you'd be doing is replacing the incoming price feed. The historic data is all timestamped and JSON format so I'd be very surprised if it's a complicated job to get that to mimic the streaming feed. Dunno if it's still available on the API but to use the delayed testbed it was a case of simply changing the endpoint, BAMI would simply be a different endpoint albeit with a addon to convert the hstoric files to API streaming format.

From a technical point of view it's really not the hardest thing in the world but financially I can't see it being viable, like I pointed out earlier in the thread. Few people will pay £200 per sport per month, BA would only generate additional revenue over subs if they sold the meetings as per the historic data vendor licence like fracsoft and the other. That's only 50p per meeting so hard to see them either making much money or even indvidual users getting much use out of a few meetings here or there so anyone serioud would want to pay the full £200pm for their own data rather than via BA.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Current Betfair terms won't let us develop anything that accesses historic data without signing a data license agreement ....
just waking this thread up again due to a new thread on the topic: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26695

how do things stand regards the numerous ways that BA can now be setup to save live streaming data. just wondering if there could be a way to replay saved data via this route??
Euler

Betfair will not allow us to implement this actively. So they can stick their historical data where the sun doesn't shine.
Euler

Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:10 am
Betfair will not allow us to implement this actively. So they can stick their historical data where the sun doesn't shine.
Didn't mean to be that aggressive, but it annoys me when they have double standards with regard to collecting, storing and publishing data. It's really unhelpful and I can't see how this helps their business.
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:16 am
Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:10 am
Didn't mean to be that aggressive, but it annoys me when they have double standards with regard to collecting, storing and publishing data. It's really unhelpful and I can't see how this helps their business.
They must be protecting some large commercial revenue stream.
Euler

They do, the license the odds feed and historical data.

Return to “Suggestions”