Trading Diet — what do you consume?

A place to discuss anything.
eightbo

Getting lethargic / losing focus when trading lately and in the process of putting together a new diet.

Thought it could be useful to discuss perople's experience with diet in relation to energy levels.

If you're on the whatever diet, perhaps you have a snack of choice which you find helps mid-session.

Share your thoughts, and I may share some food... Image
iambic_pentameter

Kiwi fruit cut into pieces is very agreeable.

As is a bowl of almonds.

Iambic
ShaunWhite

If a diet is 'giving you energy' then it's probably too calorific. I just have as much variety as possible, I never have the same thing twice a week, except carbs of course as they're more limited. So bread, rice, potatoes, pasta twice a week each. We only eat meat 4 times a week and half of that is fish, I don't drink alcohol except on rare occasions. I also never have breakfast and have one day a week when I eat nothing. I've been bang on the same weight for 30yrs, 10st @5'10"@54yo. You did ask :)

Luckily I don't need energy to sit on my arse all day so as long as I'm awake and alert all is good.
Derek27

Beer is the best choice when trading Australia, with a pizza whenever you can find a half-hour gap, although I haven't been well enough to have either for a while.

Peanuts are also a good nibble.
jimibt

between Shaun and Dereks responses you have basically the gulf of dietary outliers that exist -lol

for me, plenty of beans (harricot, kidney, and any pulses really), plus fish and the odd bit ofchicken. not a fan of brown basmati, but apparently, very good for you (so white for me). Have greek yoghurt with mixed fruits every day (creature of habit). as for beer etc - the weekends are designed for it, so resist at your peril.

all in all, don't eat sh!t high carb, high fat meals (too often) and all is good...
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 pm
We only eat meat 4 times a week and half of that is fish...
Fish is meat?
megarain

I eat avocados with every evening meal .. try and limit bread, but snack on endless biscuits/mint humbugs and dried meat.

Yogurt and muesli for breakfast.

Coffee must be over 6 cups a day.

Its easy to say cut out the 'bad foods', but a fair bit harder in practice.

//

I think decent exercise 4 times a week, (walking etc), gives your body a chance.
Caroline

Look at Paleo. No need to go the whole hog necessarily, but I've found that sticking to meat/fish and vegetables, limiting dairy and cutting out bread, pasta and processed food has pretty much completely cured my brain fog problems.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:15 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 pm
We only eat meat 4 times a week and half of that is fish...
Fish is meat?
It's animal flesh so I'd say so. What is it if it's not meat?

I know what you mean though, people don't usually call it that I suppose.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruthlessimon

The Silk Run

It rather depends on how your day plays out. Depending on which its either Food Bank, or Fortnum & Mason.
ShaunWhite

I had you down as a health nut Simon with all that cycling. Try to remember you're an omnivore. :)
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:19 pm
I had you down as a health nut Simon with all that cycling. Try to remember you're an omnivore. :)
I might be a slight hypocrite..

cos I do love this processed guff, & anything that's got cheese in it/on it :)

Yet I would moan at you smoking in-front of me!
Emmson

Lots of confectionary, like every day & lots & lots of buttered toast & cereal for the speed it takes to prepare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JTEDL

I try to have as many 'greens' as possible :D

Return to “General discussion”