Betfair cash race

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
spreadbetting

Seems to be working fine for me, on 98% of the final prize so should have just made it with today's points.

They calculate it by 1 point every 10p paid in commission, pretty sure they round down and don't aggregate either.
Derek27

If they calculate 9.5 pence commission for a market they round up to 10p and you get one point. But you could pay 9p commission on each of ten markets, paying 90p commission in total but get no points.

Discriminates against £2 traders who are new to Betfair and learning the ropes, in my opinion.
Naffman

Those people using £2 would only probably get a target of £5 tbf so not exactly missing out on much
Kafkaesque

Naffman wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:31 am
Those people using £2 would only probably get a target of £5 tbf so not exactly missing out on much
Correct, that it's not so much of an issue with the cash race. It is though in issue with the commission discount rate.

You'd think BF would want those learning the ropes to stick around and having an arbitrary lower limit, below which you get nothing, keeps those learning the ropes from gaining advantages of a discount (and getting the feeling of being appreciated that goes along with it).
rik

nothing to do with rounding down, just on the cash race they give mr less than 1/10 of the betfair points i made since start if the cash race, no idea why
spreadbetting

You'd have to ask Betfair the reason why as no one on here has the full facts.
tomallen123

Whats the highest cash race targets that people have seen?

Mine are;

£200
£350
£700
£875 (bonus)
Kafkaesque

Is it just me, or is it a misrepresentation that they've added a 4th amount and called it bonus, while the terms are still only one price?

The word bonus strongly implies to me, that it is on top of something else, not replacing the 3rd amount. Sketchy at best. Not that I think, they're trying to be so. Just your standard incompetence round their way these days.
Derek27

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Is it just me, or is it a misrepresentation that they've added a 4th amount and called it bonus, while the terms are still only one price?

The word bonus strongly implies to me, that it is on top of something else, not replacing the 3rd amount. Sketchy at best. Not that I think, they're trying to be so. Just your standard incompetence round their way these days.
They don't explain whether the bonus replaces or is in addition to target 3, and they certainly don't pay much attention to their grammar when preparing the cash race page: Opt in. You can that here.
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:

They don't explain whether the bonus replaces or is in addition to target 3, and they certainly don't pay much attention to their grammar when preparing the cash race page: Opt in. You can that here.
My point exactly. Common sense would say it is in addition to. Terms says it replaces. Wouldn't put it beyond them to have forgotten to update the terms.

I'd venture that it's run from Romania. A campaign unavailable in the UK was confirmed for me as being run out of Romania. Has some of the same language. Which is likely a word for word translation from Romanian or Google Translate.
greenmark

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:

My point exactly. Common sense would say it is in addition to. Terms says it replaces. Wouldn't put it beyond them to have forgotten to update the terms.

I'd venture that it's run from Romania. A campaign unavailable in the UK was confirmed for me as being run out of Romania. Has some of the same language. Which is likely a word for word translation from Romanian or Google Translate.
Or maybe the individual was a Geordie. "You can that, why aye man, here!!"
In which case there was a missing comma and exclamation mark, or two.
tomallen123

Just noticed this in their terms and conditions

If you’re using a Betfair Holiday at any point during this promotion, or 30 days prior to the campaign starting, your Betfair Points won’t be included.

So if I understand this correctly, if you take a betfair holiday in the 30 days before the cash race starts then you won't be able to take part?
Kafkaesque

tomallen123 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:04 am
Just noticed this in their terms and conditions

If you’re using a Betfair Holiday at any point during this promotion, or 30 days prior to the campaign starting, your Betfair Points won’t be included.

So if I understand this correctly, if you take a betfair holiday in the 30 days before the cash race starts then you won't be able to take part?
Who bloody knows? Again, insanely poorly worded.

Logically they should have worded it like you did, if you can't win anything at all. The opposite - that points from a period prior to the campaign - makes zero sense.

Ask them on Twitter, and do post here what you get back.
tomallen123

I checked my cashrace totals this morning and hadn't been awarded any points, so checked the T+Cs to see what was going on, seeing those rules made me panic even though they don't make any sense.
The points have updated now so panic over.

This is what betfair support told me;

Hi Tom

Thanks for getting in touch.

This rule for the Cash Race has always been in place and simply means that any points occurred during your Betfair holiday will not be in included in the Cash Race campaign.

Please feel free to get in touch if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
Derek27

They're no longer called holidays, they are Betfair freezes - and I took one early this month!!

Return to “Betfair exchange”