Racing Uk (TV)

A place to discuss anything.
brianpat

Just wondered how many members are paying for a RUK subscription?
spreadbetting

I'd guess it'll be a very high percentage for the winning horseracing traders. At the end of the day I'm sure some can survive with the Betfair Live feeds but it's a small price to pay for continuous pictures.
superfrank

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:19 pm
I'd guess it'll be a very high percentage for the winning horseracing traders. At the end of the day I'm sure some can survive with the Betfair Live feeds but it's a small price to pay for continuous pictures.
+1

It's a great channel too and their profits go back into racing so we should support them. It's also slightly faster (via Sky satellite) than BLV and much more reliable.

I'm really enjoying the Irish racing now it's on RTV.
Spud87

Anyone know how to join RUK without a UK address?
Derek27

I've never subscribed to the channel and thought I'd have to now they have a near monopoly, but the recent criticism and contempt they have shown for their viewers have made me think again.

As a trader, I only really need to know when a race is about to start, and with the sheer number of meetings they're covering I'd be lucky to get much notice, if any at all.
StellaBot

I have an app on my phone which is free
Mobdro
I can watch ATR, RUK, All sky sports ,BT sports and Premier sports.
It has various other channels
Derek27

StellaBot wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm
I have an app on my phone which is free
Mobdro
I can watch ATR, RUK, All sky sports ,BT sports and Premier sports.
It has various other channels
If you're talking about an Android app could you post a link to the Google play store?

I've had a look but can't find it.
StellaBot

Soz its not in playstore.
I downloaded via google.
The version I have is not ad free.
But the ads dont pop up during inplay.
Derek27

No worries, I found it. I'll take a look later.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/mob ... 18-2993504
PDC

You can buy a 'Gift' off eBay for a few quid plus an Openbox for not much and you get both SSR and RTV via Sky. I was told about it by a fellow forum member and I have since found out several others on here use this method.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:35 pm
I've never subscribed to the channel and thought I'd have to now they have a near monopoly, but the recent criticism and contempt they have shown for their viewers have made me think again.

As a trader, I only really need to know when a race is about to start, and with the sheer number of meetings they're covering I'd be lucky to get much notice, if any at all.
You seem to be trading pretty much 24/7 yet aren't prepared to fork out a fiver a week :o Prices move all the while simply because of what's happening on screen, horses bolting/playing up none of which you're likely to see on the betfair feed. Even to simply free up your PC from the BF feed must be worth a fiver a week for a full timer.
PDC

I have to agree with SB - sometimes you have to spend money to make money and this would definitely be one of those cases. The pictures pay for themselves (even at full price) many times over during the course of the year. I wouldn't trade without them.
PDC

It didn't come off but the 4:10pm at Stratford was a perfect example of why pictures are so key. The original favourite was showing no interest in moving when RTV switched their pictures to it, my quick reactions and the slight speed over BF LV in the pictures let me lay a large amount at around 4.0 before most people clocked it, had I been relying on the BFLV the price would have gone most likely, SSR it is the other way around, BFLV is faster. The price shot out like crazy within a few seconds and I just sat and closed out at various prices around 5.2 for a healthy 3 figure green.

Unfortunately the horse was Withdrawn but had it run that would have been a lovely green just thanks to having the pictures. Over the course of the year you get several such occurrences especially on the flat from horses playing up.

Pictures pay for themselves many times over.
PDC

Could be another one in the 1640 if this 4 Get Up Them Steps runs.
StellaBot

I dont use my app for betting
eg In running
For recreational reasons only.

Return to “General discussion”