Today's Tennis

Dallas

Out she goes, plenty more chances in the final set as a parting gift
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Tennis is better than the Cheltenham Festival so far!
Sabalenka (v Kerber).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

John Isner v Karen Khachanov???

Surely a man's not playing against a woman?
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Karen's next taking on Rafael Nadal. I've figured out it's a guy called Karen.
Derek27

The Federer match has gone in-play even though the players haven't started warming up!
Dallas

I was hoping some of the Womens SF matches would have been on a bit earlier (this side of midnight)
Balmus

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm
The Federer match has gone in-play even though the players haven't started warming up!
API has the servers the wrong way as well!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Don't be ridiculous Derek, that would never be allowed to happen.
Dallas

Has anyone been doing well in this years 'Indian Wells'?

I've not got as much done as I'd have liked manual wise but what I did do has been quite tough and I know i'll be a fair bit down on last years results
JTEDL

Traded it a bit on and off, when it's been on at a decent hour, past few days some of the WTA has been middle of night. Done ok, apart from Zverev costing me a bit last week, when he got spanked in no time :roll:

Was looking for the Federer v Nadal market earlier for 8pm start, then saw was a walkover, must have been decided not long before.
Balmus

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:28 pm

I've not got as much done as I'd have liked manual wise but what I did do has been quite tough and I know I'll be a fair bit down on last years results
No disasters but no standout results either. Looking at last years results, I'm about on par. Miami was better to be last year
northbound

Dallas wrote:
I had been testing a trading strategy for a few weeks before Indian Wells and it was going well. It relies on bounce backs in certain conditions.

During Indian Wells, the same strategy didn’t work as well.

Conversely, I’m also testing a (hopefully value) betting strategy that gets deployed before Quarter Finals. After a break even February, It did really well during Indian Wells.
ec0n0mist

Dallas wrote:

I've not got as much done as I'd have liked manual wise but what I did do has been quite tough and I know i'll be a fair bit down on last years results
Yea, Indian Wells had a tough feel to it for me too. Down -28% YOY (+4k compared to +5.6k last year), all manual. Think I might have lucked out as well TBH. Took last Saturday off (9th March, 2nd round of Indian Wells). Based on some of that day's match results chances are, I would've lost a pretty penny in that session.

-1.7k for Guadalajara. Never got into rhythm in that tournament. Didn't trade it last year, most likely for reasons I shouldn't have touched it this year - liquidity issues and shitty video feeds

Anyways, looking forward to Miami! Did okay on it last year but as usual, trying to keep expectations low
Dallas

Thanks for the replies guys, seems the general consensus was that no one has done particularly great at it this year

I'd also agree with those who commented on the upcoming Miami tourney, outside the Grand Slams its one of my favourite events to trade so very much looking forward to it
ec0n0mist

Dallas wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 pm
Thanks for the replies guys, seems the general consensus was that no one has done particularly great at it this year

I'd also agree with those who commented on the upcoming Miami tourney, outside the Grand Slams its one of my favourite events to trade so very much looking forward to it
Also to sort of echo what Northbound said, if one's strategy was heavily reliant upon 'bounce backs', Indian Wells would've been hard to swallow. Assuming zero counting errors: Out of a total 94 matches (excl. qualifiers), 59 of them completed in straight sets (1 retirement before completion of 1st set). Only 34 finished 2-1, AND only 14 of those came back from a set down.

Good luck on the finals later on if you're trading them! Kerber vs Andreescu should be interesting

Return to “Tennis Trading”