Change start time

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Kafkaesque

Is it possible in Guardian to change the event start, when it requires also being changed to a different day?

Betfair has set the WTA Brisbane final - due to start at 7am - as having a start time tonight prior to midnight at 9pm. If I set it back to 07:00:00, then I assume rules still will not fire?

Edit: For clarity, I should say, if and in this case when triggering is relative to event start time.
Kafkaesque

Bumping this, as there's another case today.

@Dallas have I finally found something where you're stumped, and I have to go through support? :D
Dallas

Rules can be set to trigger anytime within the final 24 hours or for longer you can use the fixed time and date or always armed option.

What time do you actually want your rule/s to trigger from/to?
Kafkaesque

Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:46 pm
Rules can be set to trigger anytime within the final 24 hours or for longer you can use the fixed time and date or always armed option.

What time do you actually want your rule/s to trigger from/to?
Bouzkova vs Ferro is set with a start time at 4 PM today the 15th. It's actually estimated to start tomorrow at 3 AM.

If I set a rule to trigger, say for ease and clarity, from 24 hours prior to event start until just before the event, and in Guardian move the start time manually forward to 10 PM, it triggers and fire.

If I move it forward to the correct time 3 AM, it doesn't trigger.

I'm assuming the market is somehow tied to the date? And works with a basis that it's 3 AM on the 15th, not 16th, despite the manual process actually putting the start time forward?
Dallas

Yes it's tied to the actual date, so even if you adjust the start time it'll still stay within that same date

There is a trick you could do assume it starts at 6pm on 18th and you want to set up a rule now that will start triggering 6hrs before it starts (ie, noon on the 18th)

First create a 'set/modify signal rule' and arm it 6hrs relative to event start time
and use that to set a signal on the market

Then on your main betting rules arm it using the 'fixed date and time) 11am till 23:59
and add a 'signal set condition'
to test if the signal on the market is set

That would then mean your main rules would be armed between those times on 16th, 17th, 18th
But wouldn't be able to trigger until the signal is set at noon on the 18th (ie, 6 hrs before event start time)

HTH

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”