Australian racing

The sport of kings.
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 am
I decided to bot it and get a bit of rest overnight but it came in at the lower end of expectations. Maybe the markets just were not that great last night?
Well there were some terrific opportunities - like the last at Randick

Horse Racing / Rand (AUS) 9th Mar : R9 2000m Listed 09-Mar-19 17:40 09-Mar-19 17:48 432.26

and the first G1 at Flemington

Horse Racing / Flem (AUS) 9th Mar : R6 1200m Grp1 09-Mar-19 15:15 09-Mar-19 15:20 353.96

But to show everyone what applying the wrong bot to everything else in the day does and to prove my mortality and that we all make mistakes (not saying anyone didn't think I make mistakes).

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
I decided to bot it and get a bit of rest overnight but it came in at the lower end of expectations. Maybe the markets just were not that great last night?
Liquidity at the minute feels well down so far this year, wouldn't if anyone else is feeling it?
PDC

Euler wrote:
I was surprised when you weren't around given that it was 'Super Saturday', were you resting for Cheltenham next week?

I struggled with Randwick but I am pretty sure that was down to me and I have a good idea what I was doing wrong. Others did well at Randwick which backs up that it was something I was doing wrong.

I found Flemington excellent and pulled in some great results.

I was slightly down on last week but given the lack of profits from Randwick for me which I would normally expect to contribute a fair bit to my overall P&L I would say it was actually one of the best weekends in a long time which given the 4 Group 1's and other quality that was on you would expect.
gazuty wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:47 am
But to show everyone what applying the wrong bot to everything else in the day does and to prove my mortality and that we all make mistakes (not saying anyone didn't think I make mistakes).
Sorry to see the loss, sure you will get it back quickly.
eightbo

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:28 am
­
Australian Turf Club Fixture Card 18-19

It looks like the next 6 Saturdays will be high quality racing — would somebody mind confirming that for me, please?

And I would love to know how the other listings stack up, for example, is it worthwhile to turn up for something like May 4th (Sat) at KENSINGTON?
Derek27

Thanks Eightbo. Saturdays in March/April is a pretty good time for Aussie trading.
Euler wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 am
I tend to start up in September peaking in November then tailing off later that month, then it returns full force in February before tailing off again around this time of the year. Proper periods of sleep start up again in May for us in UK.

https://www.horseracinginfo.com.au/aust ... -races.php
eightbo

Perfect. Thanks for taking the time to find that quote.

I'm going to test the waters with some of the unhighlighted days on the calendar.
Euler

I was surprised when you weren't around given that it was 'Super Saturday', were you resting for Cheltenham next week?
I want everything to be perfect for Cheltenham, but the weather doesn't look like it will comply. Let's see.
Euler

I was interested to see it was a public holiday in Aus today. Canberra day, never really noticed that before but it brought some group racing in Adelaide.
Naffman

G2 up next from the valley
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 am
I was interested to see it was a public holiday in Aus today. Canberra day, never really noticed that before but it brought some group racing in Adelaide.
Only a public holiday in some States and Territories, not NSW though - it gets its equivalent holiday in October.
Euler

I realise there is some good stuff on overnight, but I need a rest. So hope everybody has a good one. Looks a half decent card.
Dallas

I wanted to try and get some Aussie markets in tonight but looking at the list earliest group race is 02:40am (UK time of course), as Euler has just said it looks a good card tonight/this morning just not sure I can stay awake/alert late enough to really get stuck in so good luck to those who will be about
gazuty

UK friends enjoy the rest after Cheltenham.

Well done Peter on the four figure result - patience well rewarded.
Derek27

Decent start to Flemington. Rosehill is trading as easy as usual.
eightbo

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 pm
I realise there is some good stuff on overnight, but I need a rest. So hope everybody has a good one. Looks a half decent card.
Well, if there ever was a well-earned rest... Congratulations P.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”