Less than X runners

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
firlandsfarm

Hi guys, can someone help me with a "how can I" problem. I want to place a bet on the Xth position in the betting order which is easy except what if the number of runners is less than X when I will then want to then place the bet on the bottom runner by favouritism. So for example let's say I want to place the bet on the 5th favourite but there are only 4 runners in a race how can I get BA to place the bet on the 4th favourite?
jimibt

if i were doing this, i'd use a simple initialisation *loop* to determine the number of runners and from that, place the appropriate bet on the LAST found runner in the loop (stored values to the rescue!)

the conceit being:

1. at xx seconds before race, loop round all runners
2. place signal on runner and store market value (stored value), plus do a market increment of each found runner
3. based on the ultimate entry found, place a signal (or market stored value) to indicate it's validity

that's only one way to skin this cat, but seems the simplest way as a starter...
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:37 pm
... but seems the simplest way as a starter...
Oh dear jimbit that exposes my lack of knowledge! :oops: Trouble is ...

"loop round all runners" … are you referring to the Any Selection option? I've never thought of it as an information gathering tool before, just a 'place bet on any runner when the conditions are met' facility.

'Place a signal and a stored value on all runners, plus do a market increment of each found runner' … again sorry, I have used Signals before but not Stored Values and what is a "market increment"? Do you mean count them from 1 to X in order of favouritism and the last man wins?

"market stored value" … what's that? I didn't realise I could capture a runner's odds and use within a Ruleset, that could resolve a lot doubts I've seen as potential brick walls.

As you can see your reply is way over my head I need to go away and do some swatting but a little more explanation would help … can you point me to any topics that would help with the specific techniques you are suggesting.

Oh, and I assume before all of that I should freeze the runner order to make sure I poll all.

Thanks for stirring the grey matter.
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:37 pm
1. at xx seconds before race, loop round all runners
2. place signal on runner and store market value (stored value), plus do a market increment of each found runner
3. based on the ultimate entry found, place a signal (or market stored value) to indicate it's validity
Hi jimibt, I have hit a snag I cannot solve so wonder if I may ask for a little help. I have translated "1" and "2" above but can't see how I get from the highest count of runners (in order of favouritism) to identifying which runner that is. I can't see anything that allows me to say the BA equivalent of "IF Runner>MaxRunner (don't) DO …" :(

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”