Excel command for in play

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Dipstick

Guys

Very simple question but can't find the answer in the user guide or on the forum. I want to use excel to fire trades but only want to do this when the market is in play. I know that cell G1 of the standard sheet gets populated with "in-play" but how can I use it with a set of other IF commands? I have got a clunky 2 stage workaround but am sure there must be a simple way of doing it.

Can anyone help please
Thanks
Dipstick
Dabbla

=IF($G$1="in-play","back")
Dipstick

Thaks Dabbla. My fault but I didn't make myself clear. My request is a 2 stage trade:

- Only run the excel calculations when the race is in play
- then place various back bets when certain criteria are met (using the IF statement functionality)

I don't want it doing it working on loads of races and taking my processing power and also needing loads of different worksheets open. Maybe I can build something based upon start time but it boils down to the same point - ie only wanting excel to start working when the race has started.

Dipstick
Dabbla

I see what your saying ,this would be my answer but I don’t know how much background processing it would take up.
You could just place it as =IF($G$1="in-play",(Your calculations here)
Something like this
=IF($G$1="in-play",IF(G9<5,1,0))
So that is, is it (in play) if yes then is the fav under 5 then tell me , yes or no

You could then use that 1 (yes) or 0 (no) to start other calculations with an IF command.
CallumPerry

That is probably the most efficient way of doing it. Just have a bunch of boolean formulae. That way, being in-play would return true along with your different criteria and if so many TRUE's appear, it triggers a bet.

The way to keep things more organised is to use restrict refresh in Guardian. This means only a certain amount of markets will be cycled through and using any sort of processing power.

If it's a matter of, even with restrict refresh active, you have too many markets starting at the same time so need to absolutely pinpoint calls down to when the market goes in-play then you're going to need to use some VBA but if you're just using a bunch of boolean True/False triggers on a sheet and your refresh speed is on very quickly, chances are you aren't going to suffer any noticeable lag. If you're playing the millisecond game you should only be using VBA already.
Dipstick

thanks both. Will try that.

D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”