Arm Trigger and "Or" Selections

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leest2019

Hi,

I've set up a couple of Automation Rules but have 2 queries. One is just trying to simplify it and the other is trying to make it run more efficiently.

I've figured out - via asking on here / watching vids - how to trade out for a profit or loss at a certain point in an event. But, the way I've done it (for an example I want to trade out at 5 mins after the start) is: "Rule Type" Green All Selections, Rule Trigger "In Play Time" and the "Arm Trigger At" 00:04:55 after event goes in play "Until" 00:05:00 after event goes in play. "Allow rule to trigger up to 1 times wait 5 seconds before rearming". Can I not just change the "Arm Trigger at" to 00:05:00 and "until" 00:05:00. Do I need to have a 5 seconds gap between arming the trigger and until times? I only did this in case, for whatever reason, the trade out bet didn't place at the arm time. At least with a 5 second gap it can retry if it hadn't placed the bet.

2nd question. I understand how to trade out if an event occurs - like if a goal is scored - but how do I put a rule in so that if an even happens (like a goal is scored) then it trades out and all other Rules are cancelled. Like in the example above. If a goal is scored in the 2nd minute after going in play, how do I set up a rule so the trade is traded out straight after the goal for equal profit / loss but also the Green All Selections at 5 minutes rule is also cancelled?

Thanks
Dallas

If you arm it at 00:05:00 till 00:05:00 it would mean the rule would trigger once exactly at that time.
When greening up in-play I'd always advise setting it to trigger at least 3 times in case its not matched the first time's

So i'd arm it 00:05:00 till 00:05:10
Trigger 3 times re-arm 2 secs

So it fires every 2 seconds in that time window up to 3 times

On your green up rule go to the signal tab and set a signal on the market (call it anything you want)

Then on your back/lay rules add a 'Signal Set condition'
Is the Signal named (whatever you called it above)
NOT set with a value

That will then only allow your back/lay rules to trigger if the signal is NOT set, once the green up rule after a goal triggers the signal is set therefore your back/lay rules can't trigger
leest2019

Ok, but my current green up condition is armed for the end of the trade (5 mins after going in play in the example), not for when a goal is scored. What I was saying was that I understand how to set up an automation to trade out if a goal is scored, I haven't got one set at present though.

My simple automation looks like this (2 rules):
Rule 1: Open trade 5 mins before the event.
Rule 2: Green all selections at 5 mins after the start of the event (in play).

But I want something in there to green up if a goal is scored before Rule 2 kicks in and to end the trade EG stop rule 2 running.

Are you saying I should add another selection - another green up but green up if a goal is scored - and then put the Signal Set Condition in there.

I can't understand how it'd work if I put the Signal Set Condition in my current rule two, as it won't know if a goal is scored because it's not looking for a goal at present.
Dallas

If it's only to stop another green up rule triggering then there's no need to add any signals or conditions

So, you'd just need a 2nd green up rule if a goal is scored (rule 3) armed 00:00:00 till 00:04:50 (to allow for the in-play delay)

Your current 2nd rule can be left as it is, it will trigger after 5 mins but will only place an actual bet if there is anything to green up
ie, no goal has been scored
leest2019

Maybe I've been using the "Green up all selections" incorrectly then. Although the name is "green up" I've been trying to use it to exit a trade no matter what. So even if at 00:05:00 the trade is at a loss, I though the green up automation option would exit the trade for equal profit or loss over the markets in question. Is this not the case? What should someone use via Guardian just to exit a trade for equal profit or loss across a market?
Dallas

Green all does exit your trade for an equal profit or loss when it triggers
leest2019

That's ok then. I have been using it correctly.
So, you'd just need a 2nd green up rule if a goal is scored (rule 3) armed 00:00:00 till 00:04:50 (to allow for the in-play delay)
Your current 2nd rule can be left as it is, it will trigger after 5 mins but will only place an actual bet if there is anything to green up
So my current rule 2 wouldn't be canceled though if the green up function cashes out for equal profit or loss? Say I'm backing the U 2.5 goals market from ko and want to green up at 10 mins for equal profit or loss. Given the above rules, if a goal is scored after 10 seconds the new rule 3 would kick in but my rule 2 would still stay armed and would green up again at 10 mins.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:30 pm
That's ok then. I have been using it correctly.
So my current rule 2 wouldn't be canceled though if the green up function cashes out for equal profit or loss? Say I'm backing the U 2.5 goals market from ko and want to green up at 10 mins for equal profit or loss. Given the above rules, if a goal is scored after 10 seconds the new rule 3 would kick in but my rule 2 would still stay armed and would green up again at 10 mins.
If a goal is scored after 10mins it wouldn't matter you'll have already greened up at 10mins so won't have any open trades

Green up rule 'A' is armed from KO till whatever time say 10mins to green you up if a goal is scored
Green up rule 'B' is armed from 10mins to 10mins 30sec to green up in the event no goal is scored in the first 10 mins
leest2019

I don't get what's cancelling the 2nd green up rule though. I've got it set as you've said:

Green up rule 'A' is armed from KO till whatever time say 10mins to green you up if a goal is scored
Green up rule 'B' is armed from 10mins to 10mins 30sec to green up in the event no goal is scored in the first 10 mins

A goal is scored at 1 min. So rule A trades out. What's stopping rule B trading out still between 10 mins to 10 mins 30 sec? Or do I need to put a condition in like we discussed preciously?
Dallas

As I said earlier it will still trigger but if rule 'A' has already greened you up then rule 'B' won't place any actual bet as there is nothing to green up (you'll already have an equal profit or loss)

It would be no different to creating a green up rule then applying it to a market but not opening any trades - it will still trigger when its told to but won't submit a bet as there is nothing for it to green up
leest2019

Sorry - there'll be no trades open will there. I get it now. I was thinking that Rule B would then trade out on the profit / loss across all markets depending on the prices.
If a goal is scored 1 min in then rule A green ups all selections for a profit / loss. Trade over. Come 10 mins there's nothing to green up as there's no trade open and there's equal profit / loss across the market.
Thanks.
Sorry about that.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Sorry - there'll be no trades open will there. I get it now. I was thinking that Rule B would then trade out on the profit / loss across all markets depending on the prices.
If a goal is scored 1 min in then rule A green ups all selections for a profit / loss. Trade over. Come 10 mins there's nothing to green up as there's no trade open and there's equal profit / loss across the market.
Thanks.
Sorry about that.
No probs,

and yes all that is correct
leest2019

Just trying this rule again. It got to the Green All Selections time (10 mins) - there'd been no goal - but instead of just putting one lay bet in at 10 mins, it put 3 in. I take it that's because I set it to trigger 3 times, re-arm 2 sec. I didn't put the second part of the advice in as I thought that was aimed at greening up if there's a goal:
On your green up rule go to the signal tab and set a signal on the market (call it anything you want)

NOT set with a value

That will then only allow your back/lay rules to trigger if the signal is NOT set, once the green up rule after a goal triggers the signal is set therefore your back/lay rules can't trigger

Do I need to put this in to stop it sending the signal 3 times every 2 seconds is the first of the lay bets is matched at 10 mins? Or have I done something else that's made the lay bet go in and be placed 3 times at the 10th min. When I first set this rule up, I had it to trigger once at the 10th min, so I'm presuming that this is the problem because this is the only thing I've changed on the green up rule.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Just trying this rule again. It got to the Green All Selections time (10 mins) - there'd been no goal - but instead of just putting one lay bet in at 10 mins, it put 3 in. I take it that's because I set it to trigger 3 times, re-arm 2 sec. I didn't put the second part of the advice in as I thought that was aimed at greening up if there's a goal:
Sorry this should have been
So i'd arm it 00:05:00 till 00:05:40
Trigger 3 times re-arm 10 secs

The extra re-arm time is to allow for the in-play bet delay ie, so your bet has chance to reach the markets before it triggers again if not greened up

leest2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm

NOT set with a value

That will then only allow your back/lay rules to trigger if the signal is NOT set, once the green up rule after a goal triggers the signal is set therefore your back/lay rules can't trigger.

Do I need to put this in to stop it sending the signal 3 times every 2 seconds is the first of the lay bets is matched at 10 mins? Or have I done something else that's made the lay bet go in and be placed 3 times at the 10th min. When I first set this rule up, I had it to trigger once at the 10th min, so I'm presuming that this is the problem because this is the only thing I've changed on the green up rule.
That was in response to your OP when I thought you were trying to stop your back/lay rules placing further bets after you'd greened up

Your second green up rule just needs arming whatever time you want after your first has expired ie, 00:06:00 till 00:06:40 and also set to
Trigger 3 times re-arm 10 secs
leest2019

Thanks for that. I get that we put it in 3 times to make sure it's greened up in case it doesn't on the first attempt, but why did it place 3 lay bets? Is it because the timing's too short and like you say it should be a 10 second gap instead of a 2 second gap for the re arm? As long as ones matched, what does it matter if the 2nd rearm is 1, 2, 20 seconds later? Is it to do with the in play delay / just getting it matched in the first place before placing the next rearm?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”