RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Why do people always wait for me to decide on a purchase, get to the shop before me and clear the flipping shelf??

Lined my garden fence with. baskets, filled them with compost, which was difficult enough to get hold of, and now no flipping seeds!

Except for pansies that won't flower until next year.
All the people who bought the seeds before me are now stripping the shelves of pots and saucers to transplant their seedlings in. Should have seen that coming.
Have to step up your game, you always seem to be one step behind :D You also make it sound like gardening is more competitive than trading.
trader44

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:28 pm
Spent half-an-hour filling the gaps in the patio with sand. Then I washed and swept the patio clean and away runs all the sand. :lol:
that made me laugh derek :D :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:28 pm
Spent half-an-hour filling the gaps in the patio with sand. Then I washed and swept the patio clean and away runs all the sand. :lol:
Too late now Derek but next time brush in a dry mix of sand and cement then let it draw up the moisture or absorb the dew. Don't leave too much on the surface or it might stain and don't do it with any rain in the weather forecast obv. Don't worry though cos whatever you do it'll be full of weeds by next year :)

To add to your gardening rant... Bought 100 freesia bulbs about a month ago that just rotted, mailed to ask for replacements about a week ago and heard nothing. So I bought more from somewhere else and today they've arrived PLUS replacements from the first order. :roll: I've got more plants than garden at the moment so I think I'll end up with a load outside the front of the house with an honesty box. (you can do that round our way but where you are down south Derek I can imaging the money box and the table being nicked)
Derek27

Cheers for the advice. I filled them with sand yesterday so I'll see if it lasts. I've seen a YouTube video explaining how to construct a dry sand & cement shed base, doesn't look too difficult. :)
Derek27

Don't know if it's commonplace but I've just used an online chat service that allows you to send a transcript to an email address. It's a shame Betfair doesn't allow you to do this, or better still, directly to this thread. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 pm
Don't know if it's commonplace but I've just used an online chat service that allows you to send a transcript to an email address. It's a shame Betfair doesn't allow you to do this, or better still, directly to this thread. :)
A poor rant by your esteemed standards.
How about, people ignoring the 2m distancing and walking against the arrows in supermarkets.
Also, picking stuff up, examining closely (ie breathing on it), then putting it back.
High five to Morrisons, a seperate queue for basket buyers. (As opposed to the twats that can barely manouvere their overloaded trolley across the car park).
Rant over.
Derek27

That wasn't really a rant. It should have been on an ideas thread, but I've got one now. I've just been into Tesco to get cigarettes and was held up by some tit asking for 4 No. 17s, 3 No. 13s, 2 lucky dips, one for tonight and one for tomorrow, the list went on. FFS, put all lottery tickets on the non-essential list. I might have caught covid-19 because of his selfishness!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:26 pm
That wasn't really a rant. It should have been on an ideas thread, but I've got one now. I've just been into Tesco to get cigarettes and was held up by some tit asking for 4 No. 17s, 3 No. 13s, 2 lucky dips, one for tonight and one for tomorrow, the list went on. FFS, put all lottery tickets on the non-essential list. I might have caught covid-19 because of his selfishness!
Shouldn't knock the lottery Derek, someone from my small home town just won the damn thing. I don't think it was my grandparents or I would have heard about it by now :x
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
I might have caught covid-19 because of his selfishness!
I was unfortunate enough to have to spend last night in hospital. While I was there they tested me for Covid. I asked how long it would be before I had a result..... 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! What's the f'in point of that!

Meanwhile Matt Handjob is desperately trying to put off any sort of investigation into his ineffectiveness. Nobody in their right mind would continue to give an employee critical decisions if earlier decisions have even a whiff of ineptitude. The stock line about "this isn't the time for looking at what happened" is pure BS because the right time is before that tosser can kill even more people and continue conning everyone about how great his shit testing is.

I'm off to sit in a bath of bleach..... Hey maybe if I injected some that might work, we should get people to look into that :D
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I was unfortunate enough to have to spend last night in hospital. While I was there they tested me for Covid. I asked how long it would be before I had a result..... 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! What's the f'in point of that!

Meanwhile Matt Handjob is desperately trying to put off any sort of investigation into his ineffectiveness. Nobody in their right mind would continue to give an employee critical decisions if earlier decisions have even a whiff of ineptitude. The stock line about "this isn't the time for looking at what happened" is pure BS because the right time is before that tosser can kill even more people and continue conning everyone about how great his shit testing is.

I'm off to sit in a bath of bleach..... Hey maybe if I injected some that might work, we should get people to look into that :D
shaun - stay (erm -whatever) :D - hope nothing serious and all back to normal for you (i.e. - grumpy, opinionated and above all else, happy -lol).
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Matt Handjob
:lol: I never noticed the pun in his name.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

... and insert an ultraviolet lamp up your bum!

And obviously hope your hospital visit has a good outcome. :-)
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Jeeezzz that truly is pointless. I know five people who've been tested here. They all had the result within 12-18 hours.

That aside, hope you're well, and it was just a scare (the hospital issue, not Covid).
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:

Now that's what I call a rant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ShaunWhite

Thanks for the best wishes etc but it was trivial really. Kind of annoyed they even wanted to take me in at all.

I knew it wasn't serious when the paramedics and then ambulance guys were more interested in my monitor setup and then spent 10mins chatting about what I did for a living. :roll:

What was quite cool though was the ambulance guy saying "if you like numbers you'll like this".... And then explained my ECG trace in fine detail. Bloody clever stuff actually. It's basically just about comparing the support/resistance points before and after the fat finger. 4 seperate charts representing the 4 heart chambers. If one or two are ify that's the problem, but if they all are then it's the general going that's affecting all four runners. Easy ;)

Return to “General discussion”