Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:35 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:55 am
Question.

- I have a lay bet at 3.80, back price is at 3.85

Can i fire in a back bet at 3.80 assuming BF will match it at best price being 3.85, if not then the back/lay at 3.80 will get matched.

Is that classed as self-matching or scratch or ?

Thanks.
You always get matched at best price unless you switch it off at account level.
Hi Shaun,

ok, but in the example i gave would BF say i am possibly self-matching ?

Thanks,
I dont think you can self-match from the same account can you? I believe it just removes the amount you take without affecting volume matched. I believe self matching would be if you're taking money from one account on another. If you scratch a trade you're taking someone else's money at the price you bought it for. Though i'm not 100% sure, this is just what I've always thought.
Archery1969

Something to look into when/if the Greyhounds come back.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

While in lockdown been thinking about finding value for BTL, LTB, Gambling and Market Making.

Taken me awhile but i think i have come up with a nifty little system.

Trading
- If the betfair back odds are >= System Back Odds then open a BTL trade and close at 30 seconds to post. :)
- If the betfair lay odds are <= System Lay Odds then open a LTB trade and close at 30 seconds to post. :)

Straight gambling
- If the betfair back odds are >= System Back Odds then open a Back trade and hope for a profit. :o
- If the betfair lay odds are <= System Lay Odds then open a Lay trade and hope for a profit. :o

Market making
- Offer the back/lay odds before market has fully formed and the book percentages are wide. Sorry SB. :lol:

Obtaining the master rating was just taking the timeform rating and combining with time rating from original post. Not sure it will be that accurate on the outsiders but should be fine for the top 2/3 in the betting. :?

Hopefully the dogs come back asap and i can test it out. :D

Have fun,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Market making
- Offer the back/lay odds before market has fully formed and the book percentages are wide. Sorry SB. :lol:
You might want to adjust your offers either side to try and get approx 50/50 matched. Market making is all about turnover and if you're consistanlty getting one side taken more than the other you'll end up with an imbalanced inventory and exposed to moves. It's also a bit heavy on your trans/hour count because you're continually canceling and replacing your offers so you might want to keep an eye on that.
Archery1969

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:50 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Market making
You might want to adjust your offers either side to try and get approx 50/50 matched. Market making is all about turnover and if you're consistanlty getting one side taken more than the other you'll end up with an imbalanced inventory and exposed to moves. It's also a bit heavy on your trans/hour count because you're continually canceling and replacing your offers so you might want to keep an eye on that.
Thanks Shaun. :)
MemphisFlash

cap.JPG
Zedzed1

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm
cap.JPG
What is your stake per bet?
Shaung89

sa7med wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 pm

You always get matched at best price unless you switch it off at account level.
Hi Shaun,

Thanks,
I dont think you can self-match from the same account can you? I believe it just removes the amount you take without affecting volume matched. I believe self matching would be if you're taking money from one account on another. If you scratch a trade you're taking someone else's money at the price you bought it for. Though i'm not 100% sure, this is just what I've always thought.
This is entirely possible. This is how i get my qualifying bets on for HR. Find a gap and quickly fire in a £2 back and £2 lay. Im only taking my own money (of that im fairly confident), but this ensures ive qualified for BF Live feed.

Get all my 'scratches' done early morning for the day, takes 2 mins.
Kai

Shaung89 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 am
sa7med wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

Hi Shaun,

Thanks,
This is entirely possible. This is how i get my qualifying bets on for HR. Find a gap and quickly fire in a £2 back and £2 lay. Im only taking my own money (of that im fairly confident), but this ensures ive qualified for BF Live feed.

Get all my 'scratches' done early morning for the day, takes 2 mins.
You can selfmatch if you want to.

Similar to ShaunG, on UK horses I usually get the "feed bets" done on all races just before the trading session, it goes very fast but I actively avoid self matching and only sometimes do it for some of the final races that don't yet have any activity on them, otherwise have to wait a few mins. You can just find a tick on the fav that is about to go and jump both sides instantly, can serve as decent warm up too.
wearthefoxhat

All looking good....

return.jpg
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:21 am
All looking good....

return.jpg
:D
AlexisMartin

Hello,
Just wondering where to get offical results for Aussie dogs?

Today betfair had a few markets from a track called Mand I looked it up it is Mandurah in Western Australia, but this was not even listed as having any races today I've attached the screenshot of the results page of the greyhoundrecorder
mand was not even listed as having any races??puzzled?
The Silk Run

Mandurah WA, Australia is GMT+8 so it's possible you saw Thursday's meetings. And Betfair time zone synchronisation may have been out, as it often is !!!

https://www.tabtouch.com.au/racing/dogs
Archery1969

Drip feeding and getting on early when a selections offer prices are out of step with its traded volume brings rewards.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG

you have nearly as many colums as i have, not sure i can get many more in. lol

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”