Looking for some (paid!) automation help

A place to discuss anything.
B-Rex

Hey all,

I posted before about this a couple years ago and hopefully it's still OK to discuss this kind of biz but sorry if it's not!
Building automation rules/bots for the amount of time it would take me to figure it all out, i figure I can pay someone more experienced to do it in 10% of the time no doubt, so it's a +EV decision / not just being lazy.

I have some systems I have developed that I would like to automate. Rather than build a purpose-built bot, I think probably Bet Angel can handle it. Mostly it's all simple stuff such as "back [specific horse] @ [specific price] and keep in play" - but these specifics need to be loaded in from a google sheet. I am not even 100% if that is possible with Bet Angel but i think it is, in some form.

If so, and anyone can assist, I don't mind forking out a bit to get this going as i'm fairly confident it'll pay for itself soon enough. Happy to discuss via private message to avoid boring everyone else here
Dallas

Have you looked in the shared files section, there's over 150 ready-made automation files that either may already do what you want or require very minor edits
viewforum.php?f=43

If you find one thats close to what you need then pop a message on the end of its thread and me or someone will advise how to make the changes

Edit, just seen the part about being loaded in from a Google sheet, Advanced Automation couldn't import selections from outside BA and you'd need to use Excel rather than Google sheets.

I've not used google sheets but i'm sure there will be a work around to get them from google into excel
B-Rex

Thanks Dallas!

Yes to clarify a little of what I'm doing, I have identified some criteria that appears to be good ROI just as flat staking, and they are (or were, when the racing was actually on!) being identified each day via a number of tools i've already built which exports the list of races/horses into a google sheet. So from there it sounds like I need to automate a way to export that into an excel file - and then once I've crossed that bridge I should be able to get it to work with Bet Angel? In terms of, important a specific horse to apply a strategy to? Or would i need to essentially still fiddle with it each morning to apply the strategy to the races.

Not sure if that makes sense, but let's say I want to bet on the favourite of a specific race at odds of 5.0, would i still need to apply that strategy to the race in question or is that automate-able, such that i could eventually just leave BA open 24/7/365 and it would just run passively? I would probably just revert to building a purpose built bot if not, and skip the excel part!

Thanks for the info and help
sa7med

Hi B-Rex,

You could definitely export the criteria you want to excel and place bets according to that. If you wanted to have it on full auto though you'd need to run some macros on a schedule (for example AutoHotKey scripts and task scheduler). Hope that helps.
B-Rex

This has been a helpful quick chat, thanks! Think I may abandon this idea and just build something custom to run on a server then so it can be truly passive.
Cheers

Return to “General discussion”