RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:26 pm
That wasn't really a rant. It should have been on an ideas thread, but I've got one now. I've just been into Tesco to get cigarettes and was held up by some tit asking for 4 No. 17s, 3 No. 13s, 2 lucky dips, one for tonight and one for tomorrow, the list went on. FFS, put all lottery tickets on the non-essential list. I might have caught covid-19 because of his selfishness!
Odds of contracting and dying of Covid 19 in the UK (2000/1)
Odds of matching only 4 numbers in the UK Lotto (2179/1)
Derek27

While on the subject of weather (from another thread), I looked at the forecast only so far as the temperature but today's winds caught me by surprise. Half my solar-powered animal lights blown off the table and broke. :(
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:41 pm
While on the subject of weather (from another thread), I looked at the forecast only so far as the temperature but today's winds caught me by surprise. Half my solar-powered animal lights blown off the table and broke. :(
I had a pop up gazebo tethered in the garden. And I mean "had" :(
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:41 pm
I had a pop up gazebo tethered in the garden. And I mean "had" :(
I hope you get on well with your neighbours, because if you don't that's the sort of thing they'd take great delight in seeing. :)
jamesg46

I though it would be a good idea to upload my trading videos to YouTube (set to private) so I could re watch my trading and it doesn't take up memory on my laptop, plus I record in OBS & the replay is really small, so small I cant see it.. anyway 55 mins to upload isn't really ideal, how do you all go about storing your videos and getting them to replay in some sort of way that they can be seen?
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:31 pm
I though it would be a good idea to upload my trading videos to YouTube (set to private) so I could re watch my trading and it doesn't take up memory on my laptop, plus I record in OBS & the replay is really small, so small I cant see it.. anyway 55 mins to upload isn't really ideal, how do you all go about storing your videos and getting them to replay in some sort of way that they can be seen?
Not sure why you're asking this in the rant thread ( :) ) but you can also upload stuff to watch on your Google Drive. I keep some stuff on an external hard drive as well, more for backup reasons rather than storage.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:40 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:31 pm
Not sure why you're asking this in the rant thread ( :) ) but you can also upload stuff to watch on your Google Drive. I keep some stuff on an external hard drive as well, more for backup reasons rather than storage.
I think its because I'm frustrated by it all & that was my new mellow attempt at a rant, anyway thanks for that, if I get a video that's unwatchable I'm going to have to have a real rant, I may even break into a swear word.
Derek27

I use the cloud for security reasons to back up essential data and hard drive images. But if I had large video files that aren't mission-critical I'd much rather buy a large external hard drive then to spend hours uploading and downloading.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:47 pm
I use the cloud for security reasons to back up essential data and hard drive images. But if I had large video files that aren't mission-critical I'd much rather buy a large external hard drive then to spend hours uploading and downloading.
I need some other way, this isn't any use in it's current state. Hats off to content creators, it seems way too much work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:51 pm
I need some other way, this isn't any use in it's current state. Hats off to content creators, it seems way too much work.
Instead of recording the entire trading session at once, maybe you can set up OBS shortcuts to start and stop recording (I have mine at F4 and F5 currently), that way every race is broken up into separate clips and it requires less storage space. And you can just delete the clips you don't need, I delete almost everything right away.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Instead of recording the entire trading session at once, maybe you can set up OBS shortcuts to start and stop recording (I have mine at F4 and F5 currently), that way every race is broken up into separate clips and it requires less storage space. And you can just delete the clips you don't need, I delete almost everything.
I was doing that but I tend to forget to press my shortcut key.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Instead of recording the entire trading session at once, maybe you can set up OBS shortcuts to start and stop recording (I have mine at F4 and F5 currently), that way every race is broken up into separate clips and it requires less storage space. And you can just delete the clips you don't need, I delete almost everything right away.
It was watchable when I only recorded one screen but since I put the other screen into the recording its like this, I'm a bit lost with it but I'm sure time and patience will come up with an answer.
jamesg46

Fml, another 55 mins to process it... I've got a 4:30am deadline.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:31 pm
Fml, another 55 mins to process it... I've got a 4:30am deadline.
You could try reducing the recording framerate to reduce the file size. You don't need 60fps or whatever the default is. Or rearrange your screen info so you don't need to record such a big area. And if you can't remember to press pause/record, does your recording software allow you to set a max recording time before it saves and starts another file? You can just keep the interesting sections then.
Derek27

I just came in from the garden after smoking a cigarette. The cat looked at me as if I was a monster, and in doing so, spat out the food she was eating on my floor. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”