Using the Projected BSP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Thanks Dallas, you are a legend!!

Yeah, I would be picking my selection and I would then have to adjust the selection.

I am trying to create this for a punter of mine to make his life a little easier!
The Take SP rule is also spot on

Only thing to note is the condition you've used, if only part of the bet is matched it won't take SP on the remainder.
If you want to ensure every penny is matched just remove that condition, if not then it can be left in
Tjt

Done! Thank you so much.
Tjt

Worked Great Dallas!

I will be making some slight adjustments but the foundations are now there!
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:22 pm
Worked Great Dallas!

I will be making some slight adjustments but the foundations are now there!
No problem, its easy once you get a basic feel for it :D

If ever you need to check something quickly the Userguide explains every option in detail, use the quick link as shown in the image below and you'll get the direct links to each page/part of the rules editor
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/#

UG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tjt

Thanks! I'll check it out.

One last question though if you don't mind.

I changed the third rule from taking the BSP at the start (cancelling the unmatched projected BSP bet) to taking the current back market price. However, it is now not cancelling the projected bsp bet so I am now ending up with two back bets in the market. How can I fix this?

cheers
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:34 pm
Thanks! I'll check it out.

One last question though if you don't mind.

I changed the third rule from taking the BSP at the start (cancelling the unmatched projected BSP bet) to taking the current back market price. However, it is now not cancelling the projected bsp bet so I am now ending up with two back bets in the market. How can I fix this?

cheers
You could do it one of two ways

A) on your original back bet rule go onto the parameters tab and use fill/kill and set it to 270 secs (ie, it will be cancelled 2:30mins after its placed) so will be gone before your second back bet triggers

B) add a cancel unmatched bets rule and arm it to trigger something like 00:00:10 to 00:00:01 before the start
so it gets rid of the unmatced bet before the 2nd triggers

With either option you need to consider alot of the first bet may get matched, ie you could have £9.20 matched then 0.80p gets cancelled and another £10 bet gets placed.

If you want the second bet to only place the remaining amount you need to start using stored values
Tjt

Thanks Dallas, I'll bare that in mind.

One thing, the bot automation is now working for me but it is still requiring me to confirm the bets. How can I switch this off?

thanks
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 pm
Thanks Dallas, I'll bare that in mind.

One thing, the bot automation is now working for me but it is still requiring me to confirm the bets. How can I switch this off?

thanks
Its in your main settings area
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bef ... ading.html
Tjt

Ok, I was under the impression that applied to specific staking settings hence why you can save different settings. The confirmation was appearing only whilst I was watching the AI at work on the ladders (main interface), however, once I switched back to guardian it stopped asking me for the confirmation! odd.

I have yet another obstacle though!

If my 'Place Back Bet' rule is matched, how can I automatically then cancel the 'Take Best Market Price' rule?

I would obviously then end up with two back bets at two different prices if that were to happen.

Would you be able to provide me with some screenshots please? They helped hugely last time!

Many thanks in advance!!
Tjt

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

On your 'Take Best Market Price' rule you'll need to think up a condition to use that best suits your needs
ie, you could use number of matched bets on selection is equal to 0

that way it will only trigger if your original hasn't been matched

(stopping the takeSP rule won't matter, if there are no bets in the market theres not for it to do when it does trigger)

But you may of had part of that first matched in which case you need to decide if this final bet is still to trigger and if so under what conditons
Tjt

Thank you so much for your help Dallas.

I have just applied that condition.

I'm pretty sure I have it down now but if I need any assistance in the future, would you mind if I were to private message you?

Cheers
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm
You look like you're placing a second bet rather than just issuing a TakeSP? And you don't need the cancel. Just place the bet and change its status, that's it .... Unless I've missed something.

A bet with a status of TakeSP is still an unmatched bet just like any other, and might be matched at any time prior to the start. The only difference is that any unmatched portion is settled at sp rather than lapsing.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:19 pm
Thank you so much for your help Dallas.

I have just applied that condition.

I'm pretty sure I have it down now but if I need any assistance in the future, would you mind if I were to private message you?

Cheers
I don't mind people sending PM's but I always have a huge amount come in daily so it always take's me a few days to get to each, I tend to give PM's less time as comments/answers here serve everyone whereas PM's are only helping one at a time, but i understand sometimes people do want/need to PM.

So depends what your question is and how quick you need an answer as to the best place for it
Tjt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm
You may or may not be aware that projected bsp is only updated every 60s. If you're doing this in the latter stages of a market it might deviate from actual bsp by a considerable margin.
So would you recommend starting the automation earlier? Say, instead of 2 minutes to the off, say 8 minutes prior to the start instead?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”