Using the Projected BSP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Tjt

For some reason now, it has duplicated the back bet and placed two back bets at the same price...

Any suggestions as why it has done this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tjt

2020-05-22 (3).png
2020-05-22 (4).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tjt

2020-05-22 (5).png
Dallas

Did you make a change and re-save the rule while it was applied to the market?

Its about the only thing that could reset it and trigger the first rules again without you knowing it would happen
Tjt

I was watching the market whilst it was happening which is the strange thing about it!

I'll keep my eye on it and hopefully it doesnt happen again!

thanks dallas
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm
For some reason now, it has duplicated the back bet and placed two back bets at the same price...
Go back to my comment that starts "You look like you're placing a second bet"

Edit: Ignore that for now. Just checking your new screenprints.

The whole thing ran twice by the looks of it the storing the value and the bet....... did you open and close the rule editor after the first bet? If you do that it can cause it to reset and run again.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Fri May 22, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm
You may or may not be aware that projected bsp is only updated every 60s. If you're doing this in the latter stages of a market it might deviate from actual bsp by a considerable margin.
So would you recommend starting the automation earlier? Say, instead of 2 minutes to the off, say 8 minutes prior to the start instead?
Can't really comment on that, ProjSp may be very different at -8min to what it is at -2min. Projected SP isn't like a tissue price, it's just basically iro the mid price of the market at that point in time give or take whatever is on the sp bets book.
Tjt

The projected SP doesn't work too well!
I'm thinking of a different approach.

I would like to place 75% of my bet at the actual BSP and then the remaining 25% at a certain percentage above the actual BSP in-play to essentially gain a higher sp.

I have been tinkering around with this in automation but I'm finding some slight difficulty in applying this.

Does anyone know how I can apply this?

The simplest way to apply this would be to make a place back bet rule at the actual BSP using 75% of my desired stake and then to create another back bet rule backing at a certain percentage above the BSP in-play with the other 25% of my stake. The only thing with this is that I will have to manually work out the percentages of my stake and change each one every time I alter my stake(although not difficult).

Then it would essentially become semi-automated. I want to be able to enter any stake of my desired value (100%) and then let the automation do the rest for me.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance
Dallas

Tjt wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:55 pm
The projected SP doesn't work too well!
I'm thinking of a different approach.

I would like to place 75% of my bet at the actual BSP and then the remaining 25% at a certain percentage above the actual BSP in-play to essentially gain a higher sp.

I have been tinkering around with this in automation but I'm finding some slight difficulty in applying this.

Does anyone know how I can apply this?

The simplest way to apply this would be to make a place back bet rule at the actual BSP using 75% of my desired stake and then to create another back bet rule backing at a certain percentage above the BSP in-play with the other 25% of my stake. The only thing with this is that I will have to manually work out the percentages of my stake and change each one every time I alter my stake(although not difficult).

Then it would essentially become semi-automated. I want to be able to enter any stake of my desired value (100%) and then let the automation do the rest for me.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance
Add a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule and on the stored value tab store 'an entered amount' (and input whatever stake you want) and adjust it by minus 25% as shown below
BSP.jpg
Then add another SV this time minus 75% and give it a different name.
You can call this rule something like 'My Stake'

Then on your two back bet rules use the Stored values as your staking method and select one of the above for each.

To change the stake amount or percentages at any time just edit those two SV
Tjt

Thank you again dallas!

I'll give it a shot.
Tjt

Ok, I've just done that but I'm not sure how to apply them stored value rules to placing a back bet at the BSP and then another back bet in-play.

How does creating that store value then know that I want to place the bet at BSP? And the 25% inplay as well?

thanks
Tjt

I see now what you meant.

But I cannot find an option to place the bet at the actual SP...
2020-06-09.png
Dallas

Just use '0' as the number of ticks
2020-06-09.png
ShaunWhite

Tjt wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:30 pm
How does creating that store value then know that I want to place the bet at BSP? And the 25% inplay as well?
It doesn't, stored values are simply containers into which you place values that you might want to use later. The bets can then be configured at 75% and 25% of that stored value, and if you change your stake, you only need to change the number you put in the stored value not each specific use of it.
ShaunWhite

Try to break what you want into distinct steps...
1. Store your stake amount.
2. Place your back bet at 75% of that well above the current price
3. Change the status of that unmatched bet to TakeSP
4. Place your in-play bet at 25% of stored stake at +x% of bsp.

#1 should trigger once, early.
#2 should trigger when you want.
#3 should trigger a couple of seconds after #3 to give the bet sufficient time to get to Betfair and be logged.
#4 should trigger once about 3-5s after the race has started in case BSP is a bit late being calculated by Betfair.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”