Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
sniffer66

Naffman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 pm
I can hear two people in the neighbourhood clapping. It was a nice gesture to begin with but I think it's getting a bit worn now.
Yeah the first week it was a nice gesture but after that it just seems to be about protecting your image on the street :roll:
It's a social thing on our street as well. Everyone is strictly social distancing so it's a chance to get together as a small community and give each other a wave.
Derek27

How about a market on how long Cummings will stay in his job? :lol:

BBC news suggests the allegations and evidence is piling up, with sightings of him out and about. His continued silence and arrogance is going to infuriate people and isolate the cabinet. The transport Secretary was asked if members of the public in the same situation can do as Cummings did but avoided the question, as you would expect.
superfrank

Opposition parties, the MSM and twitter mob have been desperate to get Cummings this weekend, but thankfully Boris has held firm.

DC is a national hero in my book and is doing a great job for the country.
spreadbetting

The more Boris holds firm the better, we'll all get a buy one, get one free with both of them going :)
Atho55

Covid Briefing, all the muppet journalists asking the same questions about Cummings. What a waste of important time to focus on such insignificance...
firlandsfarm

They always put bandwagon jumping in front of reporting the important news!
Emmson

This thread was about covid19, Blighty has the worst death toll in Europe and its government has handled the crisis very very badly from the beginning.
Atho55

Not saying they have done a sparkling job but do you think Corbyn, Long-Bailey, Starmer, Abbot would have done any better?

I think population density has a part to play but you never hear it mentioned much... persons per km2
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:05 pm
They always put bandwagon jumping in front of reporting the important news!
It's quite a serious issue. Most people, including me, can understand breaking the lockdown rules to get your end away. When there's a blatant disregard of the rules by the people who make them and no explanation forthcumming (it's been claimed on Sky press preview that Cummings or spokesperson said he doesn't have time to waste explaining himself), tens of thousands will feel treated with contempt and may well ignore the lockdown rules.

People are told they are potentially putting lives at risk by ignoring social distancing measures. How many lives is Boris Johnson putting at risk by blatantly ignoring the 'one rule for them' issue that's brewing up and down the country?
Archery1969

The government has a majority of 80 and cummings has allot of dirt on Boris. In a nutshell, they can do what they want, right or wrong.
Bonnie

Atho55 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Not saying they have done a sparkling job but do you think Corbyn, Long-Bailey, Starmer, Abbot would have done any better?

I think population density has a part to play but you never hear it mentioned much... persons per km2
Where does that put Singapore?
Archery1969

Bonnie wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:57 pm
Atho55 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Where does that put Singapore?
Singapore is a totally different country and culture.

They have one of the best infrastructure and health care of any country in the world. There people are also very trusting of the government and will do what they say 100%.

One example would be:- The average UK internet download speed is 64mbps while in Singapore its 181mbps.

In a nutshell whatever Singapore does it normally does it very well.

I spent 12 years there, great people and country. Just dont drop litter as i did back in the 1990s, as it cost me a 24" truncheon across the back of my legs, policeman stood there until i got back to my feet and told me to pick up the litter and put it in my pocket. I couldnt walk properly for 2 weeks. But i havent dropped litter in any country since.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm
Just dont drop litter as i did back in the 1990s, as it cost me a 24" truncheon across the back of my legs, policeman stood there until i got back to my feet and told me to pick up the litter and put it in my pocket. I couldnt walk properly for 2 weeks. But i havent dropped litter in any country since.
That's what we need over here. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm
Just dont drop litter as i did back in the 1990s, as it cost me a 24" truncheon across the back of my legs, policeman stood there until i got back to my feet and told me to pick up the litter and put it in my pocket. I couldnt walk properly for 2 weeks. But i havent dropped litter in any country since.
That's what we need over here. :)
I agree. :)

Think you get fined now, $300 to $1,000 for first time offenders and upto $5,000 if you get caught doing it again. :o

- Selling chewing gum is upto $100,000 fine or 2 years in prison
- Feeding pigeons is $500 fine
- Annoying somone wih a musical instrument is $1,000 fine
- Spitting in public is $1,000 fine
- Being naked at home with curtains open is $2,000 fine
- Forgetting to flush a public toilet is $150 fine
- Connecting to another persons WiFi without their permission is $10,000 fine
- Same sex relationship is 2 years in prison.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:21 pm
It's quite a serious issue. Most people, including me, can understand breaking the lockdown rules to get your end away.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Joke yes ... getting your leg-over is a good excuse but wanting to look after your family is not!!! Really? Well I guess that runs with the myth that a man's morals are in reverse correlation with the rigidity of his dick! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General discussion”