Minimum Price Condition

Help improve Bet Angel.
buyshirts

I'm running a fairly simple bot but using the By Liability - BACK, to improve the safety it would be very helpful to have a simple Don't back below and then a specific price
sniffer66

Unless I'm misunderstanding that is already covered by a Fixed Odds Condition in the back\lay rule. i.e Back price is above 1.2 is True
Anbell

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 am
Unless I'm misunderstanding that is already covered by a Fixed Odds Condition in the back\lay rule. i.e Back price is above 1.2 is True
Depending on your situation, I often find it better to have a rule that says dont back unless the Lay price is below your target price. That helps prevent against situations where the Back price is say 50, and the lay price is 100.
buyshirts

The problem i had was that there was a problem with suspension all the money dropped out the market i ended up backing right down at 1.05 as the default is 1.01 if there was a simple condition Min price then that wouldn't of happened.
sniffer66

buyshirts wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am
The problem i had was that there was a problem with suspension all the money dropped out the market i ended up backing right down at 1.05 as the default is 1.01 if there was a simple condition Min price then that wouldn't of happened.
Then a fixed odds condition in your rule, only back if price is > x would prevent that

You could also add in a relative odds condtion to test the gap between back and lay to ensure they are within x ticks of each other as another safety
buyshirts

I had the fixed odds condition and that didn't prevent it.
(Dallas explains exactly why it didn't on viewtopic.php?f=37&t=21119)

I could have added relative odds condition. But now we are sort of getting away from the point as compared to a simple Min bet price would be easier and quicker.
sniffer66

buyshirts wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:59 am

I could have added relative odds condition. But now we are sort of getting away from the point as compared to a simple Min bet price would be easier and quicker.

Ah, hadn't seen that thread yet. Can see why you had the issue now and why the request.

Could be worth the relative odds check in the interim though. if no lay for a split second or a massive gap in back\lay it shouldnt trigger
Dallas

buyshirts wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:59 am

A minimum price condition wouldn't do anything the fixed odds condition doesn't already do.

You'd still need to specify what the min price you want to test is, ie, back, lay, ltp, actual SP, projected SP, Servant context price etc...

So in the very very rare instance you are placing a bet with a fixed odds cond to test the back price is greater than 'X' and your using 'custom ticks above the reverse price' and there is no money on the the reverse side you can just add a second fixed odds condition to test the lay price is above 1.01 or use the same price as you are testing the back price is greater than

Return to “Suggestions”