Date/Time limit on Racing Market Quick Picks

Help improve Bet Angel.
Wolf1877

I'd like to suggest a drop down box or two to filter "Quick Pick" markets to a date and time range.

For example If I am loading UK/IRE Racing Markets then I might only be interested in todays markets and not markets for the next 4 days which I then have to manually delete from Guardian. Similarly if I am loading AUS markets or Greyhound markets then I might only be looking at the next 2 or 3 hours.

Not the biggest problem in the world admittedly but anybody using multiple instances of Guardian will find this ongoing process of deleting unwanted markets tedious in the extreme and even more so now that UK racing markets are being loaded several days ahead. Peter probably has someone else to do this set up work for him!

Another minor aspect of this is that Betfair count how many markets have been loaded as opposed to how many have been traded and there are several threads on this forum where accounts have been suspended usually by newbies using training mode extensively so auto loading fewer markets may help.
Dallas

You can do this (and much more) already using the 'Filter Editor'
Filter.jpg

and there is a ready-made example you can download from the shared filter section that replicates the 'Quick Picks' but only shows todays markets
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=20472
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolf1877

Thanks for the heads up Dallas .... I will take a look ...... but I'd still like a simple quick picks filter.
ShaunWhite

Wolf1877 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 am
Another minor aspect of this is that Betfair count how many markets have been loaded as opposed to how many have been traded
Where did you see this?
Wolf1877

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:45 am
Where did you see this?
It was strongly implied in communications I had directly with Betfair when I was a newbie and had my account suspended for using training mode on too many markets. Active traders dont have to worry.
Jukebox

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:45 am
Wolf1877 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 am
Another minor aspect of this is that Betfair count how many markets have been loaded as opposed to how many have been traded
Where did you see this?
I remember that Bet Angel mentioned a limit of 1000markets for streaming in a reply to a user some time ago.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19847&p=202862&hil ... it#p202862
Wolf1877

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Filter.jpg

and there is a ready-made example you can download from the shared filter section that replicates the 'Quick Picks' but only shows todays markets
Dallas, I've taken a look at the filter editor and it is pretty good. My revised suggestion is to use the Search filter editor to create filters as per your suggestion but then to add a selectable dropdown list of filters on "Quick Picks" which when selected would automatically select all events within scope of the filter and add into Guardian. i.e. pretty much a single click apply the chosen filter and add the events directly into guardian.

The "Search" facility with filter pretty much does what I am suggesting but then you have to do additional clicks and also some scrolling if there are a lot of events within the filter. Combining my original idea with the search facility that you suggested basically would give a customisable "Quick Picks".
Dallas

Wolf1877 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:35 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Filter.jpg

Dallas, I've taken a look at the filter editor and it is pretty good. My revised suggestion is to use the Search filter editor to create filters as per your suggestion but then to add a selectable dropdown list of filters on "Quick Picks" which when selected would automatically select all events within scope of the filter and add into Guardian. i.e. pretty much a single click apply the chosen filter and add the events directly into guardian.

The "Search" facility with filter pretty much does what I am suggesting but then you have to do additional clicks and also some scrolling if there are a lot of events within the filter. Combining my original idea with the search facility that you suggested basically would give a customisable "Quick Picks".
You can do something very similar but even quicker already using Keyboard shortcuts
So after creating your market filter/s
Open the keyboard shortcut editor and assign the following actions in order to create a sort of macro
Set the market filter on search tab (and choose the filter you want) - assign it to a key
Select all markets on the search tab - assign it to the same key
Trigger the add button - assign to same key

Shortcut.jpg

On the 'search tab' when i now press my '1' key, it will find and load all UK/IRE win markets for today only into Guardian.

You can then go much further by running multiple filters so you can find and add all your tennis, footy and racing markets with one key push

Its also possible to add them directly into coupons/watchlist to and if you use automation assign rules files to the markets as part of the same key stroke, even assign different types of rules files to different types of markets. Theres more about that last part in this blog
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... one-click/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolf1877

Thanks again Dallas. I havent delved into Bet Angel keyboard shortcuts.
Generally I'm not keen on changing key settings but as you say its an existing way to skin this particular metaphorical cat.

Return to “Suggestions”