Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
ShaunWhite

Leeds1919 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:53 pm
Wow thats a big investment.
Well if you've got the skills to write software like that then on the open market you could easily be on £500/day contracting, about £130k a year. My brother-in-law is on £750. And it's going to take you at least a year fulltime to create a dog's b*ll*cks system. But when the end product has the potential to make 1 or 2m a year then a few hundered k isn't a disproportional punt.
ANGELS15

12.57 Perry Barr still unsuspended?
sniffer66

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm
12.57 Perry Barr still unsuspended?
Yup
FingersCrossed

No activity on Crayford 14.07 ? or is this just me?
spreadbetting

rik wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:05 am
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:35 am

My bot picks up the odd £200 wins once in a blue moon but I know they're all there waiting to be taken :( Same as with the Aus races, one day I'll stay up late or even do the dogs manually and try to get more of them.
not sure what your talking about, occasional big spike in price?
No, occasional big wins, most are single figures, £200 is a bit of an outlier.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
didn't quite get over £400 on the dogs, but not a bad effort all the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NickH

Out of curiosity regarding the dogs Memphis.. is this by means of manual trading or fully/partially automated?
spreadbetting

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm
Capture.JPG

didn't quite get over £400 on the dogs, but not a bad effort all the same.
£106 loss for my dog bot, Memphis, but tomorrow's another day.
zmeulescu

No more live pictures for Australian greyhounds races?
murdok

zmeulescu wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 am
try this
https://www.greyhound-results.com/livetv.php
zmeulescu

murdok wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:49 am
zmeulescu wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 am
try this
https://www.greyhound-results.com/livetv.php
Great! Thanks a lot!
ANGELS15

FingersCrossed wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:13 pm
I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on some odd betting shows from some of the dog meetings over the last week. Basically at some of the meetings (Henlow springs to mind) markets are formed near the time of the race but remain unsuspended for long periods like 30 minutes or more after the official race time.

No pictures available on Betfair. William Hill do free dog pictures but no pictures there either. Not only no pictures but the video symbol to click on is missing for some of these meetings. No tweets from tracks to indicate racing delayed, abandonded etc.

I find it strange that apart from myself only 1 or 2 others have noticed this?

Yesterday I set up some automation for the dogs came home around 5.45 to find about 6 races from earlier in the afternoon were still unsuspended.

Whenever I've noticed this I've felt compelled to go into guardian and remove the remaining races for the particular meeting.

I must confess I know far less about dog racing compared to Horse racing. It's possible some of these meetings may not be part of 'BAGS'? I noticed on the Sporting life website dog results they don't include Henlow.

However whenever I've been in a bookies you can normally see pictures from all these meetings. Also if they are racing delays it's odd to have this many in just 1 week.
Archery1969

ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:22 am
FingersCrossed wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on some odd betting shows from some of the dog meetings over the last week. Basically at some of the meetings (Henlow springs to mind) markets are formed near the time of the race but remain unsuspended for long periods like 30 minutes or more after the official race time.

No pictures available on Betfair. William Hill do free dog pictures but no pictures there either. Not only no pictures but the video symbol to click on is missing for some of these meetings. No tweets from tracks to indicate racing delayed, abandonded etc.

Yesterday I set up some automation for the dogs came home around 5.45 to find about 6 races from earlier in the afternoon were still unsuspended.

Whenever I've noticed this I've felt compelled to go into guardian and remove the remaining races for the particular meeting.

I must confess I know far less about dog racing compared to Horse racing. It's possible some of these meetings may not be part of 'BAGS'? I noticed on the Sporting life website dog results they don't include Henlow.

However whenever I've been in a bookies you can normally see pictures from all these meetings. Also if they are racing delays it's odd to have this many in just 1 week.
I think the fault lies with Betfair. Maybe they don't have people at all the tracks to suspend/unsuspend them correctly.
ANGELS15

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:46 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
FingersCrossed wrote:

I think the fault lies with Betfair. Maybe they don't have people at all the tracks to suspend/unsuspend them correctly.
That's an interesting point as I've also noticed They've been slow to turn UK horse race markets 'in-play' since the resumption of racing.
The Silk Run

ANGELS15 wrote:
FingersCrossed wrote:

Hi Hi ANGELS15

I believe Sky Sports is the preferred viewing platform for Australian Greyhound Racing.

Stay safe
Minnie LAI

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”