setting an automated min max price range?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
theosmith

For horse racing, is there an automated process whereby an odds ranges can be set and trades automated to occur at a certain point in time ie as close to possible to the scheduled off. I currently have to set a max odds amount and lay liability manually for each race im potentially wanting to lay a selection or selections on, but dont want just the best lay price available to be matched thru the BSP as if odds have come in excessively eg when a late plunge occurs, I would no longer be looking to lay that selection. any advise or suggestions please on how this can be achieved thru betangel.
Jukebox

Yes, you would have to do a little work but you could do something like
Put the bet at 1.01 and mark as take sp
store the current price + x% or ticks as A
store the current price -x% or ticks as B
cancel open bets if LTP is higher than A
cancel open bets if LTP lower than B

All can be automated
theosmith

thanks Jukebox.

actually finally got some time to download and play with Betangel Pro today. Novice but have gone thru intro videos on basics and also looked at automation videos using guardian. all this has certainly opened up a world of possibility on numerous forms of trading. and im sure over time Ill explore many of them. for the moment tho and with the little knowledge ive gained thus far enough to make me dangerous, have relooked at my original requirement. with Betangel it appears that i dont really need to worry about backing to cover my lay if it goes outside of my designated odds range as I think? i can set upper and lower odds range conditions to acheive this against my runner. howevr next step im now having trouble with, in essence I'm trying to only lay a pre determined selection if it is favourite or ends up favourite at the off. ive tried adding in a relative odds condition such as projected SP must be less than the 2nd favourites projected SP to existing odds range conditions. but doesnt apear to work all the time... what am i missing or any suggestions.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”