Downloading Betting History From Betfair > 1000 trades

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
longmot

Hi, Does anyone know how to get more than 1000 records from Betting History or My Bets in betfair? With automation you can do 1000 bets a day no problem. Looks like they have placed a limit on what you can download now. Thanks
deestar

Hi i raised this yesterday. They are making changes to all the downloads. I've asked the helpdesk to increase from 1000 records because i'm sure it's an oversight, but.....More people asking of course, more chance of it getting changed.

https://community.betfair.com/service/g ... s---update
Nero Tulip

This is total insanity, who thought this was a good idea?
Euler

I raised this yesterday also after a customer flagged it to me. I've no idea why they made this change. Just to annoy us probably!
Anbell

It's so bad.

My acct manager has said that they can automate the process to send me a weekly statement or whatever.
Long Term

Probably after the lockdown and reduction in business different parts of the business will be looked at in more detail.

I think before the end of the year there will be other changes that do not benefit the customer, but do benefit the bottom line.
ShaunWhite

Might be linked somehow to the impeding transaction count rules change? But if you're doing a significant amount it's easier to just get them to send you it. Tbf it used to crash before if you had a lot of transactions, I couldn't get a transaction report online that was over about 80k transactions which is only about 3 weeks work for me.
ShaunWhite

Long Term wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:39 pm
I think before the end of the year there will be other changes that do not benefit the customer, but do benefit the bottom line.
The opposite is quite likely, there's things in the pipeline that should level the playing field a little.
deestar

It used to max out at around 30000 records, but 1k is a joke. I do a daily download to reconcile my p+l and update my database. Surely it's more work and effort for them to send me that each day/week than for me to download it myself. And actually if i now have to download ten different csv files for each day, surely that places a greater load on their website than downloading one file. Makes no sense.
SweetLyrics

Do you have any info on this please?

I did a quick Google search, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:15 pm
Might be linked somehow to the impeding transaction count rules change?
longmot

deestar wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:51 pm
Hi i raised this yesterday. They are making changes to all the downloads. I've asked the helpdesk to increase from 1000 records because i'm sure it's an oversight, but.....More people asking of course, more chance of it getting changed.

https://community.betfair.com/service/g ... s---update
Thanks. I have asked via a twitter DM where the BF help didn't know about any changes and via the contact us chat. Ill hold off writing something to download half a day at a time..
longmot

Response on twitter DM, "Unfortunately, this is an unavoidable change that has happened as a result of the release of the new betting history page. It is due to a limitation in the Exchange API, which the team is now looking at improving to enable more than 1000 records to load. In the meantime, the customer can access beyond 1000 records by 1) navigating to the last page/1000th record 2) clicking the next page from there." - The workaround is not practical but at least they are looking into it.
deestar

longmot wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 am
Response on twitter DM, "Unfortunately, this is an unavoidable change that has happened as a result of the release of the new betting history page. It is due to a limitation in the Exchange API, which the team is now looking at improving to enable more than 1000 records to load. In the meantime, the customer can access beyond 1000 records by 1) navigating to the last page/1000th record 2) clicking the next page from there." - The workaround is not practical but at least they are looking into it.
Yes got the same reply.
Euler

You can't download anything this morning!

Screenshot 2020-07-13 10.20.37.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deestar

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:29 am
You can't download anything this morning!

Screenshot 2020-07-13 10.20.37.png
Not having any problem here, although still no advance on a 1000 lines.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”