Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Heisenberg

There was no protest/inquiry in that race and nothing in running to suggest that could possibly be the case. I'd say it was either turned in-play very late or just a case of fat fingers!

Very rare to get an enquiry of any kind in Australian harness racing. I've only seen a handful of protests because of interference over the years. They do happen, but very, very rare. More commonly (but still rare) is when a runner gallops in the straight, occasionally stewards will knock the horse that galloped back a placing or two but it usually has to be a very close finish for them to step in. Might happen once a month, that kind of frequency.

It's kind of a weird rule, you can gallop basically any time during the race and it doesn't matter, just that last 100m or so. It's not like Sweden where gallopers are disqualified. In Australia it's a reasonably common occurrence for something that has galloped at some stage in the run to go on and win the race, especially in standing starts.
megarain

Over the last month, there might have been 2 disqualifications for the horses not running on the right side of the peg lines (round the bend normally).
Naffman

Liquidity so poor, feels so hit and miss on wednesdays
gazuty

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:49 am
Normally we agree, but today o'contraire, bots have fared well.

Has Derek finally fallen alseep? Forum is super quiet.
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:05 am
Naffman wrote:

Too quiet :lol:
Naffman

Big backer is so bad, adds an extra stone to the horse
rik

Naffman wrote:
for me its good, seems a bit higher than last week
mcgoo

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:22 am
gazuty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:05 am
Naffman wrote:

Too quiet :lol:
Is it beer or love or both :D Hope you having a good time Derek. :) ..and that the Cat approves.
Randwick jumpier than usual. Made a little profit today which is nice for a Wed. Still thinking about my scaling issue and I have realised that I am mainly reluctant because of lack of edges. I have scaled to $50's on the 2 NSW tracks I am confident with (bloody turnover charge) .My execution has come on in leaps and bounds recently. Minimising risk and taking losses merrily.Over 80% strike rate today :geek: but the overall ability to swing trade is severely lacking. Predicting a move with more than 50% confidence seems nearly impossible to me . This means my losses and profits curve is very smooth ( I get out quickly in a loss situation)..apart from the 2 NSW tracks where I cane it nearly 100% of the time :D :mrgreen: but that is scalping and managing the position. I try to let my profits run in a swing situation but the move seems to stop as soon as I get in and goes against me very quickly either to a loss or a profit reduction (I am not hesitating to get in if I think I see something I am just very crap at seeing something and setups are lacking) so I don't dilly dally , I get the fek out..and it is usually the right decision apart from the odd one which goes back to where I started from- but picking when that is gonna happen seems bloody random.I have tried watching the race types, the tracks and the number of selections + price ranges as well as where the money is going (and recording the data) but the puzzle remains opaque to me. Recording videos (I could do more of) has improved the execution but the prediction/setups is/are bloody MIA . Anyway..this putting it in writing thing helps me think so apologies for the ramble. I'm still here though so will take that. Anyone got a crystal ball? :lol:
gazuty

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 am
Anyway..this putting it in writing thing helps me think so apologies for the ramble. I'm still here though so will take that. Anyone got a crystal ball? :lol:
Good on you McGoo, well done.

I like to watch this over and over - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bKQwbK_1k

I love the ending - and I say well done McGoo - because you Sir are alive!!!
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
It's quite rare for me to intentionally give Australia a miss but I didn't fancy it last night.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 pm
Naffman wrote:
It's quite rare for me to intentionally give Australia a miss but I didn't fancy it last night.
You are the liquidity Derek, I need you back :P
Derek27

The Aussie dollar's strengthening on the pound. Every penny counts - $60 of chips to be precise. :D
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcgoo

gazuty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:47 am
mcgoo wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 am
Anyway..this putting it in writing thing helps me think so apologies for the ramble. I'm still here though so will take that. Anyone got a crystal ball? :lol:
Good on you McGoo, well done.

I like to watch this over and over - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bKQwbK_1k

I love the ending - and I say well done McGoo - because you Sir are alive!!!
Thanks Gazuty.
Great video too.That is some motivational stuff
Naffman

Carnarvon 1 minute behind Bendigo, what kind of bs is that
Anbell

Naffman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 am
Carnarvon 1 minute behind Bendigo, what kind of bs is that
They were on the blue channel, now moved over to Red.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”