Soccer Mystic

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Al See

I'm trying to do football strategy planning. Back in the dim and distant past I seem to recall that soccer mystic could be used as a stand alone element whereas it now only seems to be able to work on specific matches? Has it changed over the years or am I losing my marbles :roll:

I was trying to model some specific 'what if' scenarios, for example if over 2.5 goals was 2.36 at start where would the price likely to be if 0-0 at 20 mins, 30 mins, 50 mins etc. Is that possible now or do I have to find a specific match that has the odds I want to want to model it?
Dallas

Its never been a standlone product, and only certain matches can be profiled, it uses certain markets to model its predictions from and some of the weaker matches don't have all the markets its requires
Al See

Thanks Dallas, I'm obviously losing my marbles then :D
I felt sure I could use it in the early days to model generic scenarios rather then just specific matches.
Derek27

When 2 minutes of injury time has been added to the end of the first half, the SM clock is on 47 minutes but the second half starts on the 45th minute, do you carry on from 47 minutes or should you reset the SM clock to 45 minutes?
Derek27

Are markets "not suitable for Soccer Mystic" purely down to low liquidity or are entire leagues not suitable?
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm
Are markets "not suitable for Soccer Mystic" purely down to low liquidity or are entire leagues not suitable?
It needs certain markets for it to perform its calculations and some of these aren't present in low volume matches.

And in answer to your previous question which I missed, you'd reset it at 45mins again for the 2nd half
Derek27

Cheers Dallas.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:43 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm
It needs certain markets for it to perform its calculations and some of these aren't present in low volume matches.

And in answer to your previous question which I missed, you'd reset it at 45mins again for the 2nd half
I've figured out which market(s) needed. ;)
Dipstick

Dallas

Why doesn't the implied %age add up to 100 for in play prices on SM? I attach a PNG of today's Rosenborg match. The current Implied Probability is 102.9 - which matches the overround position on the market. I have then moved the time on to 25 minutes and made the score 1-1, and the IP drops to 91.9. Am I missing something or is Mystic just miscalculating the expected odds by around 10%. Surely the IP% should continue to match the overround position and therefore be ~103% or so? I am finding it difficult to use SM because of this. Any help gratefully received

KR
Dipstick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dipstick

Nudge on this one please.

Can anyone else explain it?

Regards

Dipstick

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”