Charts

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
malgilb

Can someone tell me how charts help in deciding where the price is heading? As far as I am aware charts plot what has already happened and does not help to decide where the price is going in the next 1/2/3/4/5 seconds.
Derek27

A chart on its own doesn't tell you much, but looking at all the runners, price movement, history and activity can help you get an overall picture of what the market is doing. Not everyone uses charts, I'm more focused on the ladders but I find charts useful for judging the range a horse has and is likely to trade.
malgilb

I have a fantastic strategy if someone wants to try it. Sit on my shoulder and do exactly the opposite to what I do!
Emmson

Betfair chart is crucial but advanced charts have never won or lost me so much as a fiver in any market ever and probably never will.
Derek27

malgilb wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:11 pm
I have a fantastic strategy if someone wants to try it. Sit on my shoulder and do exactly the opposite to what I do!
Although I don't do it myself, many traders record their trading screens and watch back later. When a trade goes wrong, it might be worth thinking about why you opened the trade and looking at what the other runners were doing at the time, see if you can find any patterns or overall trends for that meeting/day, such as favourites getting backed/drifting, etc.
malgilb

Thank you for your advice. I will try that.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”