Help with 'Additional Information' display problems

A place to discuss anything.
JasBarrow

Hi,

For a while now I use a stored value to keep track of VWAP and it in the additional info section of the ladder screen. I track the VWAP every 10 seconds in the last minute before post time and it works fine. What you can see below is the VWAP at 1 minute, 50 secs.. 40 secs... etc... ( thats the top image)

But what I wanted to do is only update the additional info when the VWAP is less than the previous SV. I've tried many things to do this but it doesnt work for me. The bottom image is what it looks like. What this is showing is the VWAP at 60 seconds, 50 seconds and 20 seconds, the spaces allocated for 40 seconds and 30 seconds is just overwritten the next time the value is less than the previous SV. I thought the space allocated in the add info section would stay blank if the VWAP was more.

Is there a way of fixing this? I've tried different things but can't figure it out!

Thanks for any help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

The following might help if its your rule not triggering correctly, does the same principal but for new Hi/Lo traded price
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=19254

If i've read your post correctly if the VWAP hasn't increased at your timed intervals you want them to remain blank on your ladder?

If so then you'd need to create a new rule for each interval (rather than remarming a rule) to set its own unique SV your intervals
That way if there is no new Hi/Lo that interval it won't trigger or have anything to display
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:55 am
The following might help if its your rule not triggering correctly, does the same principal but for new Hi/Lo traded price
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=19254

If i've read your post correctly if the VWAP hasn't increased at your timed intervals you want them to remain blank on your ladder?

If so then you'd need to create a new rule for each interval (rather than remarming a rule) to set its own unique SV your intervals
That way if there is no new Hi/Lo that interval it won't trigger or have anything to display
HI Dallas yes that what I'm trying to do.

I'm not rearming the rule I've created a rule for each interval as seen below to store the value every 10 seconds and I've also created a rule (those marked with x) as a condition to store the value only if it is less than the previous interval. What have I left out in the rules file?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas, I've downloaded the file you suggested but it doesn't really help me. I only want the SV to trigger if it is higher than the last interval where as the file is for hi/lo.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks again
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:38 pm
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas, I've downloaded the file you suggested but it doesn't really help me. I only want the SV to trigger if it is higher than the last interval where as the file is for hi/lo.

Thanks again

Re reading through your intial post the link I posted won't help much, i'll have a quick play this afternoon, what you want will be possible but just to get the logic in the right/eaisest steps means it'll be quicker for me to have a try and post a sample rather than type it out
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:54 am
JasBarrow wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Thanks again

Re reading through your intial post the link I posted won't help much, i'll have a quick play this afternoon, what you want will be possible but just to get the logic in the right/eaisest steps means it'll be quicker for me to have a try and post a sample rather than type it out
That would be brilliant thank you Dallas
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 pm
Dallas wrote:
JasBarrow wrote:

Thanks again

I've looked at a few ways of doing this and this looks like it will be the easiest to setup then maintain.

I ended up adapting the Store hi/lo file above, for test purposes i set it to display the VWAP (if lower) at 5min, 4min, 3min etc and used servant context which you can of course change to row 1 then duplicate that set of rules for each other row.

It works by storing the VWAP every second if it's a new low, at the same time it increments a signal value

Then at each minute there is a rule armed to test if the signal has changed condition in last 60secs if it has (ie, theres been a new vwap low) the rule will trigger and store the following names (which you'd use on your ladder)
vwaplower4
vwaplower3
vwaplower2
vwaplower1

Any problem give me a shout
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:32 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Dallas wrote:

I've looked at a few ways of doing this and this looks like it will be the easiest to setup then maintain.

I ended up adapting the Store hi/lo file above, for test purposes i set it to display the VWAP (if lower) at 5min, 4min, 3min etc and used servant context which you can of course change to row 1 then duplicate that set of rules for each other row.

It works by storing the VWAP every second if it's a new low, at the same time it increments a signal value

Then at each minute there is a rule armed to test if the signal has changed condition in last 60secs if it has (ie, theres been a new vwap low) the rule will trigger and store the following names (which you'd use on your ladder)
vwaplower4
vwaplower3
vwaplower2
vwaplower1

Hi Dallas,

First off I want to thank you for taking the time to try and make this work I really appreciate it.

When I got home from work I tried the file out on a few markets but it didn't seem to work all the time. On the face of it it looked good but I saw quite a few instances like the attached where one interval was higher than a previous one but the rule still triggered, and there were quite a few other occasions where when it should have triggered it didn't. Any other ideas?
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:32 pm
JasBarrow wrote:

vwaplower4
vwaplower3
vwaplower2
vwaplower1

Hi Dallas,

First off I want to thank you for taking the time to try and make this work I really appreciate it.

When I got home from work I tried the file out on a few markets but it didn't seem to work all the time. On the face of it it looked good but I saw quite a few instances like the attached where one interval was higher than a previous one but the rule still triggered, and there were quite a few other occasions where when it should have triggered it didn't. Any other ideas?
Looks like i missed a condition out of each of the 'display' rules

If you add the same stored value condition as the 'New Low' rule uses that should resolve it.

Without that it was testing to see if a new low was hit during the last 60 secs and if so triggering and displaying the current vwap (even if its now gone higher).
With that condition it will test its still lower at the time the rule triggers
JasBarrow

Hey Dallas

I've tried it on the last few races and adding the extra condition like you said has fixed that problem but I'm still left with the other issue. I've attached a screengrab from the 18:45 at Leicester. The two numbers on top are the 4 minute and 2 minute VWAP, number on the bottom is the current VWAP. This grab was timed at 00:59 seconds to post and as you can see the 1 minute VWAP was 4.1 but didnt populate. Also the 3 minute VWAP was 4.26 and didnt populate. And on other occasions I still see that some dont populate at any intervals even though the VWAP is falling at each interval.

Each time you answer me I feel I owe you an extra beer!
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm
Looks like i missed a condition out of each of the 'display' rules

If you add the same stored value condition as the 'New Low' rule uses that should resolve it.

Without that it was testing to see if a new low was hit during the last 60 secs and if so triggering and displaying the current vwap (even if its now gone higher).
With that condition it will test its still lower at the time the rule triggers
Sorry Dallas I meant to include a copy of the log. Let me know if it would be of any use.

Thanks again
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 pm
Hey Dallas

I've tried it on the last few races and adding the extra condition like you said has fixed that problem but I'm still left with the other issue. I've attached a screengrab from the 18:45 at Leicester. The two numbers on top are the 4 minute and 2 minute VWAP, number on the bottom is the current VWAP. This grab was timed at 00:59 seconds to post and as you can see the 1 minute VWAP was 4.1 but didnt populate. Also the 3 minute VWAP was 4.26 and didnt populate. And on other occasions I still see that some dont populate at any intervals even though the VWAP is falling at each interval.

If you could post up the log i'll see if i can spot anything, it could now just be down to the arm times of the rules need a little tweeaking

If you've got the live VWAP showing in te bottom window that is helpful, if you also have the log open in Guardian then you see that live VWAP drop to a new low during the previous minute you should see it written to the log as a new low (if it doesn't theres an problem them), if it does but the next next 'minute' rule doesn't display it the problem lies in why that rule didn't trigger
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:30 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 pm
Hey Dallas

If you could post up the log i'll see if i can spot anything, it could now just be down to the arm times of the rules need a little tweeaking

If you've got the live VWAP showing in te bottom window that is helpful, if you also have the log open in Guardian then you see that live VWAP drop to a new low during the previous minute you should see it written to the log as a new low (if it doesn't theres an problem them), if it does but the next next 'minute' rule doesn't display it the problem lies in why that rule didn't trigger
Hi Dallas,

Looking at some logs from today I can see why some of the some of the rules aren't triggering. A new low is being set if the value is the same as the last second, as you can see from one of the attached images. Giga White has the same value for 3 seconds straight but it gets counted as a new low. This is having a knock on effect with the rule maxing out at 100 sooner than it should and some of the later rules not triggering for that reason. That's easy to fix by increasing the number of times we allow the rule to trigger but it doesn't explain why an identical value is triggering a new signal.

Also in some cases the 4 minute rule isn't triggering even if the value is less than the initial VWAP stored at 5 minutes. The attached images show Jamacho's VWAP at 5mins, 4mins and 3 mins. Even though its less at 4 and 3 mins you can see on the additional info image it only appears at 3 minutes and not 4.

I'm having trouble attaching the entire log from the race that corresponds to the image I posted yesterday, forum wont let me attach a word or notepad document. You might not need it now but if you do let me know the best way to attach it.
Dallas

The 100 triggers was just a random number I put in to begin the test and never changed it, once you revert back to you own timing that would be more than enough, so if that needs increasing for now just do it.

Just as a test try setting the rearm for every 2 seconds and see if that makes any difference
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
The 100 triggers was just a random number I put in to begin the test and never changed it, once you revert back to you own timing that would be more than enough, so if that needs increasing for now just do it.

Just as a test try setting the rearm for every 2 seconds and see if that makes any difference
Hi Dallas,

Like you say the 100 triggers isn't a big deal as that's easy to change.

I've been playing around with it today but its still very random. The new signal seems to be firing ok (except when it fires for a value the same as the previous) when a new low happens but like the Jamacho images I posted in the last message its very random whether or not that shows in the additional info section on the ladder. I can't make much sense of it!

Return to “General discussion”