Horses traded range in the last 10 mins

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jamesg46

Hi Guys, bit of a newbie here so please be gentle with me.

This afternoon I've been having a rustle through that bag of tricks called automation & what I was wanting to achieve was to display the range a horse would curently be at compared to its starting point at 10 Mins.

My theory and attempted method was to Store Value of Back Book % (of current selection) at 10 Mins and then use another stored value that triggers each second to store the current Back Book % - the Back Book % at 10 Mins.

I then added this to the markets and used the additional info section to show my brilliance only to realise that i'm far from that :shock: .

I'm pulling in numbers like 18% which is roughly the I.P of that horse. I'm not sure I can get any more confused today.

Am I correct in my logic or should I stop having a rustle through the bag?
jamesg46

So obvious but yet so hard to see.

Now I have it working for the 1st and 2nd runner but the 3rd and 4th do what they want. Rome wasn't built in a day i guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Seems ok, I personally wouldn't use a % sign in SV names incase they affected any queries, but BA would have stopped that if that's an issue I guess.
Maybe try logging the SVs when they're set? Might reveal something? If the result is just comming out as the current implied % then it's probably that the first value isn't being stored at -10m... Are the timings on that rule ok, did it get chance to fire and store the -10m value?
ShaunWhite

....and rather than a straight % difference, maybe seeing how far it's moved as a %age of the first value could be better (different)?

(old% - new%)/old%

That might help to iron out some of the quirks up and down the ladder, 10% moves at evens and 10% moves at 200/1 can be seen from different perspectives.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:10 pm
....and rather than a straight % difference, maybe seeing how far it's moved as a %age of the first value could be better (different)?

(old% - new%)/old%

That might help to iron out some of the quirks up and down the ladder, 10% moves at evens and 10% moves at 200/1 can be seen from different perspectives.
Thanks Shaun, I sorted it in the end. The errors were basic, like the above images where i'd simply not put the same stored value names and on runner 3 and 4 I had runner 1 selected in the "General" tab area because i had copied the original rule down 4 times.

Common theme with me is that I tend to rush everything I do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Pretty Obvious where and who is interacting. Not that it can't be seen on the graph.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”