Help with 'Additional Information' display problems

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:48 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
The 100 triggers was just a random number I put in to begin the test and never changed it, once you revert back to you own timing that would be more than enough, so if that needs increasing for now just do it.

Just as a test try setting the rearm for every 2 seconds and see if that makes any difference
Hi Dallas,

Like you say the 100 triggers isn't a big deal as that's easy to change.

I've been playing around with it today but its still very random. The new signal seems to be firing ok (except when it fires for a value the same as the previous) when a new low happens but like the Jamacho images I posted in the last message its very random whether or not that shows in the additional info section on the ladder. I can't make much sense of it!
Have you changed the re-arm time to 2secs?

I should have some spare time on Sunday so will take a closer look then but if you can confirm or post some screenshot when using a 2sec re-arm that would be useful
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:29 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Dallas wrote:
The 100 triggers was just a random number I put in to begin the test and never changed it, once you revert back to you own timing that would be more than enough, so if that needs increasing for now just do it.

Just as a test try setting the rearm for every 2 seconds and see if that makes any difference
Hi Dallas,

I've been playing around with it today but its still very random. The new signal seems to be firing ok (except when it fires for a value the same as the previous) when a new low happens but like the Jamacho images I posted in the last message its very random whether or not that shows in the additional info section on the ladder. I can't make much sense of it!

I should have some spare time on Sunday so will take a closer look then but if you can confirm or post some screenshot when using a 2sec re-arm that would be useful
Dallas wrote:
JasBarrow wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas,

HI Dallas that would be great I know you're busy.

Yeah I changed the re-arm on the New Low rule to 2 seconds. On the runner called Buffer Zone it worked perfectly, the VWAP dropped every minute and was triggered properly. On other runners it didnt always trigger though, in this race Urban Beat's VWAP was lower at 3 mins than at 4 but it didnt trigger as you can see from that part of the log but it did trigger at 1 min. 3 other runners had a lower VWAP at 2 mins but none triggered, and at 1 minute Woody Creek triggered and that was one that was lower at 2 mins but didnt trigger.

This was just one race, it repeated across several other races too. LIke I said it seems very random as to when it triggers and when it doesnt. Also the same problem of new lows being triggered when the values were the same were still happening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JasBarrow

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JasBarrow

JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas,

Did you get a chance to take a look a this?

I know you're a busy man so there's no sweat if you didn't
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:00 pm
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas,

I had a look through the file earlier and couldn't see anything wrong with it or any obvious reason for it not working, but i'll test it fully by running it on some markets tomorrow and let you know
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas,

I had a look through the file earlier and couldn't see anything wrong with it or any obvious reason for it not working, but i'll test it fully by running it on some markets tomorrow and let you know
Thanks Dallas, really appreciate it
Dallas

JasBarrow wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:
JasBarrow wrote:

Hi Dallas,

OK, i've found were the problem is.

Once you have a VWAP at a minute the next will only store if its been lower during the last 60secs and still is lower at that next minute - this part works fine
But if its hit a new low from the previous minute then goes up slightly again (but not higher than the previous minute) its not triggering - because although its lower than the previous minute its now not the lowest its been during that last 60 secs.

It can of course be fixed but will require a bit of playing around to find the best way, i should have some more time later this week but thought i'd let you know where the problem is and what needs to be resolved in case you wanted to have a play yourself in the mean time
JasBarrow

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:43 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:

OK, i've found were the problem is.

Once you have a VWAP at a minute the next will only store if its been lower during the last 60secs and still is lower at that next minute - this part works fine
But if its hit a new low from the previous minute then goes up slightly again (but not higher than the previous minute) its not triggering - because although its lower than the previous minute its now not the lowest its been during that last 60 secs.

It can of course be fixed but will require a bit of playing around to find the best way, i should have some more time later this week but thought i'd let you know where the problem is and what needs to be resolved in case you wanted to have a play yourself in the mean time
Deeper down the rabbit hole we go! :)

I'll have a peek at it this evening and spend some proper time looking at it tomorrow, I'm sure we'll get there between us (90% you and 10% me) :D

Return to “General discussion”