DOB with Moving Exit Guardian Automation Bot

salmanim140i

Thanks again for that Dallas.

Just wondering though can the Dob bot you made be used with a Profit and loss indicator instead of using odds?

Had a go but seemed to have got fairly confused... there does not seem to be a stored value option to look at the current greening position just the profit and loss of the runners or you can use the set stake but that then just gets really complicated???

thanks
salmanim140i

Hi Dallas,

I have been running the Dob File you uploaded and for some reason it is not wanting to Green up if the "New Exit" stored value is triggered?

any thought why this could be?
Dallas

salmanim140i wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 pm
Hi Dallas,

I have been running the Dob File you uploaded and for some reason it is not wanting to Green up if the "New Exit" stored value is triggered?

any thought why this could be?
I'd need to see the log from that market to be able to answer
salmanim140i

Hi Dallas,

Sorry mate I had worked out what I done wrong, but thanks for coming back to me.

But was wondering if you had any thoughts on using this sort of rule file with the Profit and loss as oppose to using the odds.

say in the use of a dutching bot as oppose to a DOB???

thanks
salmanim140i

Hi Dallas

Any Ideas on the above post...?

Appreciate your a busy man, but would be good to know if this can be done?

Thanks again
Autolearner

Hi Dallas

Firstly - and most importantly - big thanks to the many generous souls on this forum who are so helpful with their time, insights and files like this. And in particular to you for your manifest generosity of spirit to newcomers.

Secondly - have been experimenting with this Bot over the past few days and today's 13:40 race at Beverly it proved itself with Storific, where I got £5.90 back on what would otherwise have been a £2 DOB - so many thanks!

Thirdly - as part of this experimentation I notice there can occasionally appear to be some issues greening up when the odds are flying about towards the end of the race. Indeed there was one race yesterday (can't remember which - and no log) where the odds flew in and out a couple of times, and the green-up ended up with a loss of greater than the original (admittedly only £2) stake.

So my question is, is it possible that compared to a "traditional" DOB placing a lay bet at half the back price (but double the stake) which guarantees a doubling of payout (as long as the price at least halves) your new Bot will most of the time at least double the payout (again as long as the price halves) and at times do significantly better than that (for instance Storific above went on to win) but at the risk of occasionally losing more than the stake if you happen to be unlucky as the odds fly around in the multiple green-up process? As long as the latter case (if it can happen?) is a relatively rare occurrence it still seems to be a "no-brainer" to use your new (magical!) bot.

Thanks again for all your support and enthusiasm!
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Hi Dallas

Firstly - and most importantly - big thanks to the many generous souls on this forum who are so helpful with their time, insights and files like this. And in particular to you for your manifest generosity of spirit to newcomers.

Secondly - have been experimenting with this Bot over the past few days and today's 13:40 race at Beverly it proved itself with Storific, where I got £5.90 back on what would otherwise have been a £2 DOB - so many thanks!

Thirdly - as part of this experimentation I notice there can occasionally appear to be some issues greening up when the odds are flying about towards the end of the race. Indeed there was one race yesterday (can't remember which - and no log) where the odds flew in and out a couple of times, and the green-up ended up with a loss of greater than the original (admittedly only £2) stake.

So my question is, is it possible that compared to a "traditional" DOB placing a lay bet at half the back price (but double the stake) which guarantees a doubling of payout (as long as the price at least halves) your new Bot will most of the time at least double the payout (again as long as the price halves) and at times do significantly better than that (for instance Storific above went on to win) but at the risk of occasionally losing more than the stake if you happen to be unlucky as the odds fly around in the multiple green-up process? As long as the latter case (if it can happen?) is a relatively rare occurrence it still seems to be a "no-brainer" to use your new (magical!) bot.

Thanks again for all your support and enthusiasm!
Glad to hear you are finding the examples useful, regarding your question you could add a 'Close trade profit condition' is greater than £0.00 (or whatever the amount you want.

That will stop it triggering in a potential loss, ie, the price flies out green up rules triggers around £1.20 profits its not matched and price continues out that greening bet will stay there and may come back in a get matched.
Autolearner

Hi Dallas

Many thanks for your quick, and useful, response.

I am indeed finding all the examples and suggestions very helpful.

So as I understand your suggested addition, this will stop the green-up triggering at a loss so the worst case scenario would be just losing your stake (as in a traditional DOB) rather than some greater amount. And you have the additional benefit if the price does come in subsequently you may be matched on the green-up?

Many thanks again!
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:17 pm
Hi Dallas

Many thanks for your quick, and useful, response.

I am indeed finding all the examples and suggestions very helpful.

So as I understand your suggested addition, this will stop the green-up triggering at a loss so the worst case scenario would be just losing your stake (as in a traditional DOB) rather than some greater amount. And you have the additional benefit if the price does come in subsequently you may be matched on the green-up?

Many thanks again!
Yes, it will basically work the same as it is now but will never trigger on the way out if the profit goes below the amount you set it at
ANGELS15

While we're on the subject of this bot, I love it think it's great. I've been experimenting with it using it instead of my usual traditional DOBs. I've noticed a few things:

a) sometimes it will place the store value on the horse's price but doesn't place the back bet.

b) sometimes places the back bet but no store value

c) occasionally after successfully placing the bet and store value get a message in the log 'the whole transaction has been rejected' therefore no exit trades are executed.

I don't know if it's something to do with my pc which is only really a tablet not being 'man enough for the job' or possibly because I rely on wifi, again with the same problem.

For now fortunately I've been around when the races have been going off so been able to manually intervene.

When it does work it works brilliantly.

I don't know if the two could be related but yesterday I responded in another forum post. at the time the OP had asked an intitial question and someone had replied, I then submitted an observation. What was strange is that my post was delayed in appearing as it appeared after other later posts therefore out of sequence.

Also when I log into Bet Angel and go to the 'today's racing' forum instead of entering where the last post is I now enter a couple of pages behind having to scroll through to the end.

As I say I wonder if others have had similar issues with the above automation or perhaps in my case the problem is somehow with my tablet.
Dallas

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:14 pm
While we're on the subject of this bot, I love it think it's great. I've been experimenting with it using it instead of my usual traditional DOBs. I've noticed a few things:

a) sometimes it will place the store value on the horse's price but doesn't place the back bet.

c) occasionally after successfully placing the bet and store value get a message in the log 'the whole transaction has been rejected' therefore no exit trades are executed.

I don't know if it's something to do with my pc which is only really a tablet not being 'man enough for the job' or possibly because I rely on wifi, again with the same problem.

For now fortunately I've been around when the races have been going off so been able to manually intervene.

I don't know if the two could be related but yesterday I responded in another forum post. at the time the OP had asked an intitial question and someone had replied, I then submitted an observation. What was strange is that my post was delayed in appearing as it appeared after other later posts therefore out of sequence.

Also when I log into Bet Angel and go to the 'today's racing' forum instead of entering where the last post is I now enter a couple of pages behind having to scroll through to the end.

As I say I wonder if others have had similar issues with the above automation or perhaps in my case the problem is somehow with my tablet.
It sounds like an issue with your connection, regarding forum post they should always appear the moment you hit the 'submit' button.
I've not actually heard of anyone else's posts being delay so whatever it is it's an odd one as you obvioustly able to submit manual bets etc ok.

If your posts are somehow being delayed then its almost certain that is effecting your automation.

You could try rebooting your router, if that doesn't help maybe try a 4g or different connection, if its still the same the problem must lie on your computer somewhere
ANGELS15

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:39 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:14 pm

It sounds like an issue with your connection, regarding forum post they should always appear the moment you hit the 'submit' button.
I've not actually heard of anyone else's posts being delay so whatever it is it's an odd one as you obvioustly able to submit manual bets etc ok.

If your posts are somehow being delayed then its almost certain that is effecting your automation.

You could try rebooting your router, if that doesn't help maybe try a 4g or different connection, if its still the same the problem must lie on your computer somewhere
Thanks again for the input Dallas. I'll try rebooting my router.
ANGELS15

Hi I was wondering if someone would shed some light on something odd that happened earlier on today when I used The DOB with moving Exit file.

I had placed a DOB bet for £6 on 'watchable' in the 1.15 Ripon. I had adjusted the trigger on the automation to 40%. I also placed a manual DOB bet £9 on 'watchable' at 50% so in all £15 staked.

I did these adjustments as I'm still testing this file with varied results so far.

Watchable ran really well and traded as low as 1.03 looking to have won in a photo. I actually had a £2 bet on the other horse in the photo which was declared the winner.

looking at the log it seems the automation exited at odds 21.0?

I'll try and post a copy of the log:
06/08/2020 13:14:40: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: exit = 16.5 - 40% = 10
06/08/2020 13:14:40: [G_Auto] : £ 6.00 Back bet placed on Watchable at 15.5. Fully matched at 16.5. Ref: 207589514504
06/08/2020 13:15:33: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
06/08/2020 13:15:36: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
06/08/2020 13:15:36: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
06/08/2020 13:15:41: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 9.2 + 10 ticks = 13
06/08/2020 13:15:42: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 9 + 10 ticks = 12.5
06/08/2020 13:15:43: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 8.8 + 10 ticks = 12
06/08/2020 13:15:44: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Watchable by Laying 4.72 at 21
06/08/2020 13:16:00: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 8.6 + 10 ticks = 11.5
06/08/2020 13:16:04: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 8.4 + 10 ticks = 11
06/08/2020 13:16:05: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 7 + 10 ticks = 9
06/08/2020 13:16:06: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 6.4 + 10 ticks = 8.4
06/08/2020 13:16:08: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 5.7 + 10 ticks = 7.4
06/08/2020 13:16:09: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 5.4 + 10 ticks = 6.8
06/08/2020 13:16:17: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 4.8 + 10 ticks = 5.8
06/08/2020 13:16:18: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 4.7 + 10 ticks = 5.7
06/08/2020 13:16:19: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 3.95 + 10 ticks = 4.9
06/08/2020 13:16:20: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 3.6 + 10 ticks = 4.2
06/08/2020 13:16:21: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 2.88 + 10 ticks = 3.2
06/08/2020 13:16:22: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 2.34 + 10 ticks = 2.54
06/08/2020 13:16:23: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 2.24 + 10 ticks = 2.44
06/08/2020 13:16:24: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 2.06 + 10 ticks = 2.26
06/08/2020 13:16:25: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.9 + 10 ticks = 2
06/08/2020 13:16:26: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.46 + 10 ticks = 1.56
06/08/2020 13:16:27: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.43 + 10 ticks = 1.53
06/08/2020 13:16:28: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.36 + 10 ticks = 1.46
06/08/2020 13:16:30: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.31 + 10 ticks = 1.41
06/08/2020 13:16:31: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.3 + 10 ticks = 1.4
06/08/2020 13:16:32: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.2 + 10 ticks = 1.3
06/08/2020 13:16:34: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.19 + 10 ticks = 1.29
06/08/2020 13:16:35: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.16 + 10 ticks = 1.26
06/08/2020 13:16:37: [G_Auto] : Store Value for Watchable: new exit = 1.14 + 10 ticks = 1.24
06/08/2020 13:16:42: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
06/08/2020 13:16:46: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended

I'll try and post a copy of my final screen:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=18445

How on earth have I ended up with profit of less than my total stake of £15?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
01wayne

Does anyone have an updated file for this Bot please. I'm using it but it's not working on any races at all unlike the other Bots I've downloaded
Dallas

01wayne wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:48 pm
Does anyone have an updated file for this Bot please. I'm using it but it's not working on any races at all unlike the other Bots I've downloaded
Have you made any changes or which type of races are you running it on?

All bots get fully tested for several days before being uploaded so they do fully work as per the instructions in the OP

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”