New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

gutuami

tricola wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:43 am
Does anyone have problems with charts not loading properly?
the charts are in quarantine for 14 days. covid-19 suspected.
Galilee66

I haven't moved to the new beta version yet - but the price and volume charts are blank - it has been happening every now and the over the last few months. BTW - I am in Melbourne and we are in quite strict lockdown - along with the charts!
Look after yourselves.

Galilee66
andyrich2

Is it possible for the the amount in shown in the estimated position in queue column not be to duplicated in the traded volume column (thus wiping out the volume shown traded) when using the VWAP Moving Traffic Light setting and the same with the Faded LTP Direction settings.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

andyrich2 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 am
Is it possible for the the amount in shown in the estimated position in queue column not be to duplicated in the traded volume column (thus wiping out the volume shown traded) when using the VWAP Moving Traffic Light setting and the same with the Faded LTP Direction settings.
Not exactly sure this is what you mean, but do you currently have this option ticked?
EPIQ.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
makkad

VWAP indication on ladder - excellent
Any possibility providing chartable VWAP on advanced chart settings?
makkad

"In this example we are storing the VWAP in a history list using a Servant and are using that history to display a purple region on the chart and show the current VWAP as a purple marker on the Ladder across five columns."

What a great improvement!!

Could you point me to an instruction(s) to show how to do this please?
Dallas

convoysur-2 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:39 pm
Hi Betangel.
I downloaded 1.55.0 - and restarted my pc,
But when i tried to log into betangel i get a pop up that i have a pasword change pending ,but i didnt change password,bit freaked so i withdrew my balance as precaution,maybe it has nothing to do with the upgrade?
That message comes directly from Betfair, you just need to login via there website and change it in your account setting.
They can randomly ask you to change your password from time time
Dallas

makkad wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:57 am
VWAP indication on ladder - excellent
Any possibility providing chartable VWAP on advanced chart settings?
Will be uploading some advanced charts including a VWAP on today
Dallas

makkad wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 am
"In this example we are storing the VWAP in a history list using a Servant and are using that history to display a purple region on the chart and show the current VWAP as a purple marker on the Ladder across five columns."

What a great improvement!!

Could you point me to an instruction(s) to show how to do this please?
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=21653
Wolf1877

I've had a quick look at this new version and there is some interesting stuff.
One suggestion I have for these new historical stored values is a "Cycle SV History Lists" instruction.
The new BA version requires a separate "Stored Values>Set Stored Values in a History List" instruction to set SVs for each specific SV history version (History 1, History 2, History 3 etc).

My suggestion of a "Cycle SV History Lists" rule would simply cycle all of the SV History values back 1 cycle up to "n" cycles (where "n" would be a dropdown value between 2 and 10 allowing history values to be limited as needed)

If "n" was selected as 10 the result would be as follows:
(1) History 1-9 SVs would be copied over to become History 2-10 SVs
(2) History 1 SVs could be optionally all cleared or all retained (i.e. retaining existing History 1 values)
(3) the original History 10 SVs would be lost (i.e. losing History "n")

If "n" was selected as 4 the result would be as follows:
(1) History 1-3 SVs would be copied over to become History 2-4 SVs
(2) History 1 SVs could be cleared (or optionally existing History 1 values retained
(3) the original History 4 SVs would be lost (i.e. losing History "n")

Benefit of my suggestion is that Automation rules could mainly focus on storing SV History for a current market time period. Moving to a new time period would be a single simple BA rule. Performance wise I would expect BA Guardian processing to be able to run a generic standard rule like this much quicker than it would be able to cope with parseing and processing lots of individual "Stored Values>Set Stored Values in a History List" instructions shuffling values.
andyrich2

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:56 am
andyrich2 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 am
Not exactly sure this is what you mean, but do you currently have this option ticked?

EPIQ.png
Solved the problem ,amazing what one little tick can do.....great work with the traffic light settings - v v useful.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:43 am
I've had a quick look at this new version and there is some interesting stuff.
One suggestion I have for these new historical stored values is a "Cycle SV History Lists" instruction.
The new BA version requires a separate "Stored Values>Set Stored Values in a History List" instruction to set SVs for each specific SV history version (History 1, History 2, History 3 etc).

My suggestion of a "Cycle SV History Lists" rule would simply cycle all of the SV History values back 1 cycle up to "n" cycles (where "n" would be a dropdown value between 2 and 10 allowing history values to be limited as needed)
History Lists are attached to the chart price histories that are paged out to disk (otherwise you could easily run out of memory), so to do what you ask would require all chart histories to be reloaded into memory, rearranged a bit and re-saved which would be really slow.
Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:43 am
Benefit of my suggestion is that Automation rules could mainly focus on storing SV History for a current market time period.
I don't understand what you mean by current market time period. When you store a value it's always stored as at now and then drifts into history as new values are added (just like the price charts), you can then look up a value from any point in time - the lookup of a single value is really fast and optimised regardless of how long ago you request. We don't just iterate through the list one entry at a time.

What was your reason for wanting to move from one list to another rather than just let the history continue to build over time?
Jukebox

Such riches in this version - Excellent work.

I'm having so much fun watching my derivative SV's from my successful baf files darting about on the ladder into the places I only imagined they were until now.

The EVERY selection option will save so much work in future - and the inevitable mistakes that went with it when having to amend a detail for every individual runner's rule.

You said you expected an influx of requests for SV's - I'd like to suggest two

1. Number of runners - required in so many calculations but currently has to be obtained first in a rule of its own instead of simply being refered to.
2. LTP as a percentage - why not complete the set for those of us that work in %ages.

For future consideration:
A SUM option for shared stored values - to aid calculations.
A favoritism or rank by SV option - so we can pick the highest or lowest of a list of our shared SVs
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:39 am
Such riches in this version - Excellent work.

I'm having so much fun watching my derivative SV's from my successful baf files darting about on the ladder into the places I only imagined they were until now.

The EVERY selection option will save so much work in future - and the inevitable mistakes that went with it when having to amend a detail for every individual runner's rule.

You said you expected an influx of requests for SV's - I'd like to suggest two

1. Number of runners - required in so many calculations but currently has to be obtained first in a rule of its own instead of simply being refered to.
2. LTP as a percentage - why not complete the set for those of us that work in %ages.

For future consideration:
A favoritism or rank by SV option - so we can pick the highest or lowest of a list of our shared SVs
like all of these suggestions, and in particular, the LTP as a %age. I also tend to use the book% for all comparisons.

my own *further* suggestion would be to incorporate a way to allow SV's to get prices/volume etc OUTSIDE of the top 3 prices without having to do a two step process to obtain them (yes, you can get all of this info, but you must firstly KEY in on the price and then get the data from that KEY). simply having an option to get data via best price +/- xx ticks would do the job admirably!!

again, great work, this simply isn't an evolutionary update, this is a major step up!!
firlandsfarm

I haven't had the chance to study the extras in this new release and from what I'm reading it could take me a long time to assimilate everything and explore the best way to use them but that's my problem, you've done a great job in making them available for us. :) Thanks.

Jukebox suggested amongst other things …
Jukebox wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:39 am
For future consideration …
… both would be of great assistance to me especially the option to Rank a series of SV's either for the same selection or, more so, across all Selections.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”